Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cloning help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i got windows 7. I cloned my xbmc, now i would like to put it on a windows xp system.Do i need to get the clone from another xp system or not.Please explain. Also I cloned my xbmc to another windows 7 but I can not download from Navi-x. It says path does not exit and I can not change the path.It gives me the path but the path is from my pc.. I want to make it so it will shows the correct path and user so you can download. please help me step by step please!!!!!!
Sorry guy I don't know much about cloning.... (I'm a replicant)

Win 7 keeps most of it's user data in the 'roaming' folder, which doesn't exist in Win XP... hence your paths are scrambled and I'm not about to instruct you on all the path changes even if I knew (which I don't). Cloning another XP system, will mostly likely end up as a path disaster with windows assigning drive letters on a musical chair basis. Best solution is re-install, path issues within Navi-X should best be answered in that add-ons thread or better still the Navi-X web site and forum.

Using the -p for portable switch parameter should allow you to launch XBMC with all the user defined data stored in the local XBMC folder, and can then be considered portable. Then manually assign drive letters way down the alphabet, so Windows will not play musical chairs with these drives and paths will be less of an issue between machines.

---

I should have mentioned that with a fresh install... and the importation of an exported library (that has been edited manually for paths) might also work.