Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio settings causing playback issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel like I have read 100 posts on this, went through all the settings, checked drivers, however I still can not get XBMC to run properly.

I am trying to play XBMC across HDMI from WindowsHomeServer>PioneerVSX-1022>VizioTV. The ONLY time I get get XBMC video to play properly is when I have a SPDIF option selected as the pass through. Doesn't work on analog, doesnt work on coax, only setting that makes the video play properly is when SPDIF is selected as pass through but then I obviously have no sound. The video basically pauses for a full second, then plays for equal time. I wouldn't consider this a jitter, just a complete malfunction. Since it does not seem to work even with Analog selected I am sure it has to be something with my system but I am at a loss. As I said, I believe I have ran through all the standard troubleshooting steps I could find on the issue, checked drivers, played with all the options within XBMC, none of which seemed to help.

Running a new build with i3-3225 Intel 4500 gpu w/ 8gb ram. Should be more the adequate to run XBMC. I can get a list of any other specs if needed.

Sorry to post on this again, I know there are a million posts out there about this but I just can't seem to find one that resolves my issue.

Any tips?

Thanks
Your Frodo audio output should be similar to the screenshot below (your should be Intel/Pioneer)....

You can find more tips here- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Yup. Been through that page a few times. I show "WASAPI:HDMI - HD Audio out (VIA High Definition Audio)" but everything else is the same. I should have mention in my last post, all the audio works fine with this setup aside from XBMC. I can watch movies from the disc, youtube, anything outside of playing a movie through XBMC. So strange that the audio problems cause terrible playback problems. Do the older versions do this? Can I just roll back to Eden?
What audio supported formats do see in Windows control panel?

If you have CEC enabled in your AVR, you can disable it for now, and make sure to select the correct HDMI input in it too. If you haven't done as below, you have to configure it-

1. Upgrade the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
3. Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback
4. Below are the three screenshots of my audio configurations in Windows control panel

Ugh, I appreciate the help but I was hoping to come up with something other than repeated information from the same source I have already gone over countless times. Have pretty much given up on XBMC due to this issue. Maybe a future driver update will fix my issues =/

Still makes no sense to my why the video cant play due to audio settings. Seems like I am trying to find a work-around for something that was not done right to begin with.
Have you seen my sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

If that hasn't helped then you need to do as I request in Part 3 Section 8 - Reporting problem on forum