Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo and .avi stereo = mono
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a problem with the latest version of frodo. With avi files (stereo) are read in a single mono cannal.

I'm with HDMI and MacMini Lion

No problem with VLC they are in stereo.

Configuration problem?
but I do not see anywhere a setting mono / stereo

Thank you for your help.
(2013-03-31, 18:36)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]Useful, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124

Yes I know thank you.

I just wanted to know if he could be a configuration problem. We'll see if it's a bug.
Change audio in Settings -> System -> Audio output

to 2.0
If latest version means a nightly build - this is a known bug with channel mapping - no fix for that yet (some users said that switching speakerconfig to 2.1 solves it for a workaraound).
(2013-04-01, 07:34)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Change audio in Settings -> System -> Audio output

to 2.0

Yes thank you it works with 2.0 output. Handing in 5.1 I have mono
It looks like a little bug.

(2013-04-01, 12:32)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]If latest version means a nightly build - this is a known bug with channel mapping - no fix for that yet (some users said that switching speakerconfig to 2.1 solves it for a workaraound).
The version I use is the 12.1 stable.
(2013-04-01, 12:32)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]If latest version means a nightly build - this is a known bug with channel mapping - no fix for that yet (some users said that switching speakerconfig to 2.1 solves it for a workaraound).

Hi Memphiz,
thanks for all your great work.
Is there a trac id for the bug you mention? I can't find any pertinent bugs using the trac search. I'd be keen on trialling any code changes - do you know who the owner is of the bug?

I'm assuming I have the same issue:
Mac Mini 2012 10.8.3 with HDMI to a Denon 4306 AVR. XBMC: xbmc-20130331-4b1d055-master-x86_64.

Via XBMC: Stereo MP3, 5.1 WAV and 5.1 FLAC all produce sound through FL and SL only. Passthrough (movies and multi-channel AC3 audio files are fine).

Same via VLC: All ok

Audio Midi on OSX test: All ok

I've got logs for each scenario.

Cheers
Scott
There are 2 devs aware of it and no trac ticket - we just don't know how to set the channelmap yet. Apple documentation seems to lack some info on that. Also those 2 devs are busy with RL atm.
Thanks Memphiz,

From memory, Frodo on pre-10.8.x (I was using 10.6 before I moved to ML) was working. Do you know if the issue was caused by my upgrade to 10.8.3 or rather the move from Eden to Frodo?

Also, would it feasible to use VLC as an external player to solve this problem in the interim? VLC works fine on stereo and multichannel audio.

Finally, should I create a trac ticket so that comments/posts be referred to it?

Scott
(2013-04-01, 07:34)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Change audio in Settings -> System -> Audio output

to 2.0
This did not work for me. Running snow leopard and 12.2 0414 build. My solution was to use optical rather than HDMI. Now works fine.
frodo with 12.2 there has not had the expected correction.
in 5.1 there are more sounds
in 2.0 is OK

This is not a great improvement.
aahhh yeah ... whatever
Frodo Version 12.3 = more sound for stereo avi (even with audio output 2.0)!