Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Films & Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I would like to collect a series of films in a folder, and then see in "MOVIE" folder and then into the film as a series ..
So I created a file named "Christmas holiday" and inside the folder "Christmas holiday year xxxx" with the film with their name "film01", etc..
Some movies unfortunately do not remain in the folder, but displays them outside in the root ..
why?
You are handling your library in folders at cross purposes to how XBMC displays them in a flat file structure. You can have a folder labelled XMAS and within your properly "named (year)" and sorted as per date. But using library 'movie' mode you should see them all. In file 'video' mode you will see your folder and it's contents. It is possible to make a movie boxed 'set' and edit the set flag in the .nfo for each movie you want in that set or use smartplaylists with a path to that folder and link to the home page sub buttons through favourites.

Whew.... if these options don't appeal to you, use 'video' mode and scrape this special folder external to all your other movies and in a different path. At least in video mode you'll see a Xmas icon. If you want to hide these select videos, use profiles to specify everything but this folder.
The movie_sets (wiki) option gets my vote as well. It keeps all your Xmas under one library entry rather than dispersing them throughout your library under their respective titles. Since these various movies don't "naturally" fall in to a set/series, you'll have to create nfo files for each of them and include a common <set> tag (see section 3 of the wiki page I linked above). You'll also need to enable the corresponding setting in XBMC to display movies grouped into sets: System/Settings > Video > Library > Group movies in sets.

This is how I have my home videos organized.