Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Launcher fails to launch ZSNES(or any other program)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running "XBMC 12.1 Frodo" on "Ubuntu 12.10" 64 bit, using "Advanced Launcher 1.13.1". Everytime i try to select ZSNES from the "Files Launcher(ROM launcher)" navigating to /usr/bin/zsnes it just jumps automatically back to the root folder when I select zsnes from this directory and nothing happens. Not even an error message. This happens everytime I try to select ZSNES or any other program for that matter using the Advanced Launcher, so was the case with XBMC 11 and Advanced Launcher 1.7.6, XBMC 12.1 and Advanced Launcher 1.7.6, and it still happens after I updated Advanced Launcher to 1.13.1 now running Frodo(12.1). Anyone else having the same bug, and anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me mad. Can it be something releated to sudo rights, the fact that I am running a 64 bit version of the OS, I just don't see any logical explanation for this Sad
(2013-04-01, 16:50)sakoi Wrote: [ -> ]I am running "XBMC 12.1 Frodo" on "Ubuntu 12.10" 64 bit, using "Advanced Launcher 1.13.1". Everytime i try to select ZSNES from the "Files Launcher(ROM launcher)" navigating to /usr/bin/zsnes it just jumps automatically back to the root folder when I select zsnes from this directory and nothing happens. Not even an error message. This happens everytime I try to select ZSNES or any other program for that matter using the Advanced Launcher, so was the case with XBMC 11 and Advanced Launcher 1.7.6, XBMC 12.1 and Advanced Launcher 1.7.6, and it still happens after I updated Advanced Launcher to 1.13.1 now running Frodo(12.1). Anyone else having the same bug, and anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me mad. Can it be something releated to sudo rights, the fact that I am running a 64 bit version of the OS, I just don't see any logical explanation for this Sad
You need first to highlight zsnes and then select OK to select it.
What do you mean by highlight? Are you referring to selecting the zsnes application file in the directory /usr/bin before clicking OK, beacause I have of course done that, or have I misunderstood something?

If so, please explain.

I can provide a video if necessary to explain my point a bit better.
When creating your launcher :
  • if you select/highlight the zsnes binary and validate by enter you effectively go to root folder.
  • if you select/highlight the zsnes binary and validate using the OK button you go to the launcher creation next step.
I do see your point now, but the thing is, even when I just select the zsnes binary with the mouse(not using ENTER), the same thing happens, it goes back to the root folder, but what I haven't tried is selecting/highlighting the binary with the keyboard first for example using the arrow keys, and then pressing the OK button with the mouse afterwards. I can try that of course. Thanks for the input here. I will give it a try later.
(2013-04-02, 12:42)Angelscry Wrote: [ -> ]When creating your launcher :
  • if you select/highlight the zsnes binary and validate by enter you effectively go to root folder.
  • if you select/highlight the zsnes binary and validate using the OK button you go to the launcher creation next step.

There is no way to both highlight the binary, and at the same time being able to press the OK button while the binary is still beeing highlighted. Once you drag the mouse out of the selection frame to press the OK button with the mouse, then the binary is of course no longer highlighted because the mouse has left the column of the zsnes binary. This is the silliest thing I have encountered working with XBMC. Why can you not just press the damn zsnes binary with the mouse to select it. Utterly silly. I am giving this nonsense up and buying for example an Android box like the G-box Midnight which has hardware decoding for XBMC, and where there is actually an applauncher that works.
Ok... I understand your mistake. During files launcher creation, Advanced Launcher first ask you to select the launcher application, then, for the next step, it ask you to select the files path (folder containing the files you want to start). In both cases it will show you XBMC root directory.
(2013-04-02, 22:25)Angelscry Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... I understand your mistake. During files launcher creation, Advanced Launcher first ask you to select the launcher application, then, for the next step, it ask you to select the files path (folder containing the files you want to start). In both cases it will show you XBMC root directory.

Aaaaaaaa, now I got it Wink

Thank you so much : ) Smile