Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: samsung remote+xbmc??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

recently I have changed my big old heavy HTPC for lenovo nettop pc.. it does not have a infrared receiver for a remote control.. I thought of buying another remote control, but then I thought of Anynet-CEC.
I have Samsung UE65ES8000 and this Lenovo computer with HDMI, windows 8.. but it won't work for some reason.. The TV always finds the Yamaha RX-V571 receiver which I can control, but it does not see the XBMC.. I tried different HDMI ports and nothing.. I use 12.1 “Frodo” rls..

Any ideas guys?

TY
anyone??
(2013-04-01, 20:38)pe3k Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

recently I have changed my big old heavy HTPC for lenovo nettop pc.. it does not have a infrared receiver for a remote control.. I thought of buying another remote control, but then I thought of Anynet-CEC.
I have Samsung UE65ES8000 and this Lenovo computer with HDMI, windows 8.. but it won't work for some reason.. The TV always finds the Yamaha RX-V571 receiver which I can control, but it does not see the XBMC.. I tried different HDMI ports and nothing.. I use 12.1 “Frodo” rls..

Any ideas guys?

TY

Your computer's HDMI port probably does not have CEC functionality (most do not). What you need is this and it should work like a charm.
flirc should receive signals from your tv remote and you should be able to map them to commands

btw, flirc is a usb ir receiver
There is a CEC to USB Adapter available, with this you can use your TV`s CEC Signal for controlling XBMC.

But never tried it by myself.

See more here:

http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...apter.aspx