Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some problems please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tying xbmc again on win 7 pc and here are my initial problems/mis-operation Blush

Can't get ipad remote to see xbmc after following instructions
If I set the desktop to 60hz and auto resolution on, video plays choppy and not full screen (setting it to 50hz works fine?)
Managed to get 'movies' showing on main screen but not 'tv shows'
How do I use external renders/players?
How do I get xbmc to launch on boot up?

Thanks

Ps using an ati radeon hd card
Welcome to the forums for XBMC

You've got a lot of questions and issues, anyone of which weakens my knees to bring you up to speed. I suggest checking out http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide and follow through step by step, you'll need to have a good solid functioning XBMC that plays well, before you move onto tasks like Ipad, external rendering and XBMC boot launch. XBMC is truly a multimedia program with a lot of bells and whistles which can take while to get the hang of. In some cases, just installing the correct flavour of XBMC is all that is needed for a fully functioning enjoyable experience and the devs strive to give you this user experience, but XBMC is a work in progress and sadly this isn't always the case.

-Your Ipad remote issues needs to be addressed inside the Io/s forum or for this add-on. (windows people for the most part don't have Apple experience)

- (keyboard slash toggles between windowed mode and fulls screen) Check minimum hardware requirements 60-50hz would need some tweaking in the video settings...

- TV shows not showing usually means not in the library properly.. see Wiki on adding TV shows

- You shouldn't need external renders if you've met the hardware requirements listed in the Wiki

- This is covered many time in this forum, use Google search (XBMC boot launch)

Your mention of using an ATI Radeon card is somewhat useful, but looking at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 you can see a debug log posted to a paste bin and linked back to a message here not only gives that kind of information, but all your hardware and software versions and stats along with debug of your XBMC log. All this may be a bit overwhelming at first, but taken at a slow thoughtful pace, the end result will be a spectacular theatre anyone would be proud to use.