Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: USA Channels needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,
newbie here.

can anyone please let me know how can i watch usa channels like CW, HBO, CBS, NBC, FOX, Cinemax, FX, Discovery, National Geographic and the list goes on.

thanks in advance.
cheers
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

For the broadcast channels such as CBS, NBC and Fox, you may be able to receive them with an aerial if your home is within range of your local broadcast tower(s). Otherwise, all the stations you cited should be available via a subscription to a cable or satellite provider.
is there any addon for xbmc that let me watch these channels?
The FreeCable add-on in Bluecop's repository will let you watch selected clips or episodes from the web sites of many of these channels... in essence, the same content you can access by visiting these sites via a web browser. However,recent changes on some of these content providers' web sites have broken their "channels" on this add-on. The Hulu add-on in the same repository also provides access to some content from many of these networks. Finally, if you're an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can access content from this provider via the self-named add-on, also available in the Bluecop repo.
Hulu plugin is your best bet for watching primetime content.. You just have to be willing to wait a couple days. The rest of it is a matter of piracy... I'd say check LiveStreams.
Thanks guys. i have installed bluecop addon using "intall from zip file". but i cant see that addon under Video -> Add-ons. what name should i check for? i have came across some other repos, after installing the repos they have different names in Add-ons. I am new to this thing so not sure how can we look for the name when installing.
cheers
The name of the repo is something like "Bluecop repository". If the repo is empty when you view its contents, then open the context menu (keyboard "c" or right mouse click) when you have the repo name highlighted and select "Force refresh". Wait some minutes and reopen the repo to see if it is now populated with add-ons.
Also i can see bluecop add-on ENABLES under "System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons". it is there but what to do now?
System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > bluecop Add-on repository > Video Add-ons > select the desired add-on(s) to install.
thank you guys

one more thing guys..........
is there any addon for live stream of national geographic and discovery channel.
what about the ustvnow addon?

see here https://support.ustvnow.com/entries/2199...structions