Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can two "TV" sources have different listing on the main screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a source called TV Shows and one called Kids Shows which point to folder with the same names (C:\TV Shows, C:\Kids Shows). Both are setup as "TV Shows" with tvdatabase as the scraper.

I'm using Confluence. What I wanted it to do is to have the main menu bar have an entry for each. Instead, it combined them all under the TV Shows list. Is there some way I can separate these so they are their own items?

Thanks.
The video library, by design, is a single, unified database. You can use smart_playlist (wiki)s with rule where "path starts with" to provide separate library views. Or just use the Files view.
So there's no way to just have it so each Source gets its own Menu item or something simple like that? Sad

Can the playlists be set to show on the main menu bar for XBMC? I guess I'd have to make a Playlist for TV Shows that looks for C:\TV Shows and one for Kids that looks for C:\Kids Shows and then I'd have to turn off the default "TV Shows" item from in the System settings?
Use a skin that supports custom shortcuts on the home page. You can assign your playlists to be launched via your shortcuts. You can even hide the standard TV SHOWS menu item. If you like the overall look-and-feel of the default Confluence skin, there are mods of this skin that allow you to define custom shortcuts.
Presently I have 3 TV entry on my home menu (using Aeon Nox), one for english language, one for french and one for anime. Like Atrafael and Kelemvor said it is quite possible to do this ia smart playlist and the right skin. Of course the more option a skin gives you, the more complex the setting up part is, but that is part of the fun of using xbmc :-)