Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hdmi to tv no signal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have xmbc server on my old laptop and when i plug it into my tv the tv says no signal. The laptop was working on my tv yesterday but not anymore so maybe a setting ive changed? Also the sky box works on same hd wire and the laptop works fine on the tv in my room?

Anyone have any suggestions?
Anyone please?
I think your laptop don't automatically switch or duplicate the signal to your tv.
Have you already tried the key on your keyboard that toggle between monitors?

If you don't have this key or want more options to set up your monitors: ( I assume that your OS is Windows)
Goto your control panel -> display settings (depends on your Windows version where you can find this menu)
Yeah, not sure for others, but in Windows 7 you can hold down "Windows" button and hit "P". This should bring up the monitor toggle window. Just select DUPLICATE, which I believe is the second one from left.

If that doesn't work you may need to go into display settings as mentioned and verify that the non-working TV is available. Perhaps it was disabled.
I haven't got windows anymore i have openelec and xbmc on my laptop as i never use it anymore becausei have tablet. When i first downloaded it all it worked on the tv fine, next day no signal. I've tried that button your both talking about still no signal. Do you know anything else i could try?
if you move it around it could be as simple as wrong resolution in system setting in XBMC.

If laptop is outputting res TV can't handle it will say - no signal detected, or just be blank...

Go to your setings in xbmc and duble check system/video...

Also be sure to have cable conected on boot
(2013-04-04, 14:49)Burke Wrote: [ -> ]if you move it around it could be as simple as wrong resolution in system setting in XBMC.

If laptop is outputting res TV can't handle it will say - no signal detected, or just be blank...

Go to your setings in xbmc and duble check system/video...

Also be sure to have cable conected on boot

Just tried that still nothingSadIts weird because it worked when i first installed it then all of a sudden nothingConfused
(2013-04-04, 15:45)waterboy Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried that still nothingSadIts weird because it worked when i first installed it then all of a sudden nothingConfused

Ah, that is the wonder that is Windows! Sad It works fine one minute, and gone the next.

Just the other day I have two identical wireless Windows mice I've been using forever. I disconnected the one I was using on one laptop to use in another (worked fine), and when I put the receiver back in the original laptop (15 minutes later) it wouldn't work, and neither did the duplicate mouse when I connected it. I even reinstalled the drivers and still nothing. Damn! Angry

I guess if I wanted to go back to the age of DOS I could use Linux, but that's too much work. Wink
(2013-04-04, 16:56)Stacman Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that is the wonder that is Windows! Sad It works fine one minute, and gone the next.
He said he's not using Windows.

As far as your mouse goes, did you remember to eject it first from second laptop and not just pull it out. If so, don't blame Windows for user error.
Post your full debug log .

Be sure to connect your tv before boot.
I see Openelec has a update to fix video issues, perhaps your issues is related. If you haven't already, I would try and install the update.

Link about update at Openelec

Oh,also, have you tried the issue some people have been having where they have to turn TV on BEFORE they turn on their Openelec system in order to get display to work?