Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with dual tuner card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently switched from Geexbox3.0, which was running tvheadend 3.0, to XBMCbuntu, wich uses tvheadend 3.2.34...

Under Geexbox, I had to backport some patches for this PCIe card (ngene support), and all was working fine. Under XBMCbuntu, I used the patches bundled in media_build project, and, again, all seems to work; both tuners are correclty seen by the kernel and tvheadend, as under Geexbox.

But... but it does not work as well. The first tuner works fine, and sees very good signal quality on all multiplexes (it shows 100%, but I don't know if it is really that good). But the second tuner does not: after the inital scan, all multiplexes quality is about 40%. And after a while, they all drop to 0. And, as you can imagine, as long as I use the first tuner, I can't see a second TV show (either record it or see it from another client).

Any idea what's going on? I don't even know where to dig, so every suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!
And both tuners are connected to a dish?
They are DVB-T tuners. And it is a dual-tuner card, so they are both on the same card, with only 1 input.