Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [IDEA] Addon Scripts to PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

I had an idea, since I've been using the XBMC PVR Addon recently, I've grown to love it, I would like to expand it a few ways. But I have a couple of questions.

Anyway, here's my idea... I would like to build a script that runs maybe once a day (I haven't fully decided when, but not too often) and reads the EPG for the Live TV, next it'll connect to my XBMC Library database, in which to see what shows I have a collection of. Looking for things that may be missing. With that, see if it's being shown on TV, if it is, setup a recording. If not, continue on.

My questions mostly is... Where do I start? Is the PVR side of things have enough API calls for me to do this? I'm fairly certain I'd have to do it in python regardless. I'm assuming I can read the XBMC Library through python already (If not I suppose I'd have to look into direct mysql/sqlite calls)

I would like to do this asap, and obviously if I do manage to complete it, I do intend to putting it on the repository for everyone to use. So I guess that question would be, is there a section on the repository in which would be best to advertise on that (I figured Video Add-Ons, but since the script would heavily rely on the PVR addon itself, It may not be the most apt place to put it)

Anyone willing to provide some level of insight here would be much appreciated

EDIT: When I posted I forgot to state it was my intention to have this supplement the TV Show library, I don't intend to have it actually insert into the library after recording (After all, its not my DVD Library) but at least allow me to watch something that for whatever reason didn't get added into my library