Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Logo for Strm files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a custom skin that I use in which, when a TV Show is paused, the Logo.png file appears.

This works perfectly for my primary TV Show source which contains "actual" files organized by TV Show\Season\episode.files with logo.png in the TV Show folder. However, I also have a second TV Show source that contains Strm files generated by the Hulu plug in and are organized as TV Show\episode.strm.files with logo.png in the TV Show folder.

It is with these strm files that, when paused, the logo does not show up. Is there a way to somehow define the logo.png file in a NFO file or something so that it will still show when a strm file is paused? I am assuming the difference in behavior is due to the difference between an actual file and a strm file.

Excerpt from VideoFullScreen.xml where I defined the use of Logo.png is below

Code:
<control type="image" id="1">
                <description>cover image</description>
                <posx>20</posx>
                <posy>260r</posy>
                <width>300</width>
                <height>230</height>
                <texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../logo.png</texture>
                <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(Movies)</visible>
I know this is a strange issue but does anyone have any thoughts?

Would this do better/get more traffic in a skinning forum?
I figured this out and wanted to post my solution here just in case anyone else stumbles upon this. The code above works for my locally stored TV shows. I ended up duplicating the above code and replaced the TEXTURE line with the following:

Code:
<texture>/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.hulu/TV/$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle]/logo.png</texture>

My Hulu strm files get stored on my Apple TV so the above location points directly to that folder and the InfoLabel extracts the TV Show name. It is a bit of a hack and probably not the best coding, but it worked to solve my problem.