Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble posting - site issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've posted a quick reply and normal reply in this thread, and while the posts appear to be accepted they never appear - I'm sent back to page 1 of the thread, and my new post isn't shown after post #1820. Have tried with Firefox 20 and also Chrome (both on Windows).

Let's see if this thread has the same problem when replying... nope, looks fine. Might be a thread specific issue.

For instance, he's a link to a post I made in that thread (found by searching all my posts), but when you click the link it takes you to page 1, presumably an error of some sort may be visible on the server.
OK ta, seems to be working again now...
Hmm... there was a problem with a thread last year where the first post on a new page would not appear until another post was made on that thread. This problem was only evident to regular forum members viewing that thread ( i.e., those with mod authority could see the new post on the new page).
It seems that we actually have the same problem on that thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
I just updated the thread indexes which solved the issue last time - please check if it's working again Angelscry.
(2013-05-20, 17:18)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated the thread indexes which solved the issue last time - please check if it's working again Angelscry.
Actually it seems to work again. Thank you very much for the support.
Could an admin/moderator check this thread. I just posted in the thread (it would have been post #2541) but despite being accepted without incident, the post hasn't appeared and I was returned to the first post/page.
i can see it just fine
(2013-07-22, 15:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]i can see it just fine

Nope, can't see post #2541 in either Firefox or Chrome browsers. The last visible post is #2540.

Just added a second post - Test post, #2542 - and now both posts have appeared. Weird.

Post #2541 is the first post on page 255... wonder if that has something to do with it.
Yeah, I saw this too in the same thread the other day: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1466686

I could even delete my test post, and it would re-hide post 2501.

I think the forum software might not be handling threads that large very well. Probably a good time to start a new thread for OpenELEC test builds :)
It's doing it again, my last two posts (#2551 and #2552, the latter just a test post) have both disappeared into the forum black hole - maybe it is time to start a new "Part 2" thread?
I would have rbej make a new thread, so that he can edit the first post himself if he needs to.
I'll PM him asking him to create a new thread, then we can close the old one.
the issue is some ummoderated post or something which results in a broken thread count and thus the forum is creating wrong links or something - at least we had a similar issue already
New thread created, can a mod please close the old thread with a link to the new thread - many thanks.
Pages: 1 2