Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video stutters intermittently (audio fine)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having a problem with video stuttering every couple minutes or so when playing HD videos (though I don't really play much under 720p to see if it happens with SD videos too). The audio is fine, just the video is affected. This has been happening since Eden, and still happens with Frodo 12.1. The stuttering lasts from about half a second to around 4-5 seconds. I looked around to see if I could find a solution, and the two I could find that might help my situation (using sync playback to display, and uninstalling realtek HD audio drivers) haven't helped. I also tried switching back to Confluence skin (I usually use Transparency) but I still noticed the stuttering happening. I don't ever have much else besides a web browser open in the background, but even with no other programs open it has still happened.

I have placed a screenshot of my video settings here. I have also placed a debug log of the process of playing a video file (which showed stuttering) here. I stopped the video shorty after the stuttering happened continuously for a few seconds.

Any help that might get my playback smooth again would be appreciated. My machine specs are in the debug log, but just for completeness they are below too.

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, build 7601
AMD E-350 Processor
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics @ 1920x1080 (Catalyst 13.1, packing version 9.012-121219a-152192C-ATI)
HDMI audio, driver 7.12.0.7712
Keep Rendering to Auto, enable adjust refreshrate to Match Video, and disable Sync to Display. Make sure u disable any Postprocessing in ccc, and try again...
For AMD iGPU, I found that the information I posted in "post #6" worked great....
(2013-04-05, 10:44)bimme Wrote: [ -> ]Keep Rendering to Auto, enable adjust refreshrate to Match Video, and disable Sync to Display. Make sure u disable any Postprocessing in ccc, and try again...

I tried all that stuff and it didn't work Sad. Most changes didn't have much of an affect, but adjust refresh rate to match video made the video stutter badly always and not just once in a while like when using sync to display.

(2013-04-05, 17:56)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]For AMD iGPU, I found that the information I posted in "post #6" worked great....

Hmm, that seems to be for audio issues. My audio is fine. Nevertheless, I tried whatever was related to video but unfortunately it didn't work either.
(2013-04-06, 02:10)pedram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-05, 17:56)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]For AMD iGPU, I found that the information I posted in "post #6" worked great....

Hmm, that seems to be for audio issues. My audio is fine. Nevertheless, I tried whatever was related to video but unfortunately it didn't work either.
Video stuttering can cause by wrong audio configuration in Frodo audio output. You might want to go over your audio configurations in Windows and Frodo closely, and here are some tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......
Sorry for the late reply. That fixed it, thanks. With the new settings (mainly changing to WASAPI), once in a while when I skip back or forward it'll take a few seconds for the video to catch up with the sound, but it usually does and it's not with all movies. It's definitely better than the stuttering problem from before. Now I only get micro-stutters, which are only noticeable if motion interpolation is on with my display, but I noticed that happens with another player as well so it could be either the display or the video card.

In any case, thanks for the advice bluray.