Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The "playlist aborted..." curse! Please help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends, I am from Spain, please help and would appreciate some kind soul explain to me to be ...

I have a XBMC 12.1 "Frodo" in Windows 8 Pro + Windows Media Center (x64), because in a few days I was thinking about buying "Xtreamer Ultra2 Deluxe" environment this is precisely xbmc media center and I also discovered that I can install a PC version, I did! to familiarize myself with xbmc meantime.

I connected an external 3.5'' hard disk drive (Seagate Barracuda) (USB 2.0) 1TB, and in a folder called "DVD Movies" I put all my movies in ISO container, all ISO were created with "PowerISO 5.3".

Everything was going great the first day, I have been researching all functions of XBMC and each time I liked more, but for no apparent reason xbmc stopped play my movies in ISO format, while trying not reproduce it, if I click the cover of any films and accessed contextual menu, I clicked on "play from here" only reproduced a single file from any of the covers (Sinister.iso), and this very strange! If I try to play by clicking on any cover the message that has martyred many people:

"Playlist aborted - One or more items failed to play Check the log file for details" (Here is the complete log) (and Here is the log again)

Here is last log info (If you want extended full log, please download it from the line above):

(MOD EDIT: Removed inline posted log snippet)

After this, I created a folder on my desktop for more checks, here I dropped some copies of ISO movies, and XBMC could play them from here, "WTF?" I exclaimed, xbmc does not play the ISO from my hard drive, but from the location of my desktop (Or my C: hard disk drive... yes!! can play! it's amazing, and so disturbing...

I was planning to spend € 359 on a Deluxe Ultra2 Xtreamer, because I have never seen so complete environment in a mediacenter for my tv! but now my disappointment and bad experience running Xbmc on windows has led me to abandon this idea for the moment, I don't like how Xbmc it behaves, is very susceptible to having this "list aborted" damn error, I will not buy a Xtreamer until someone can assure me that the curse of "aborted playlist "does not exist in this media player. I can't understand that they are marketing a product that has cursed problems with Windows version. Failures also seem to come from nowhere... please if someone needs more info I give all the necessary info, thanks and sorry for my bad english