Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Web browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the google-ing I have done, there is not an intigrated web browser in XBMC?
more than 50% of the "media" we would be looking at on the TV would be "non mainstream web content"
Shutterfly albums, odd ball clasified sites that have pics and clips (Horses, trucks, properties), and some movie "download" sites.

Wouls XMBC handle this,, or do I just need a MC HTPC? I really hat MS and want XBMC to work,, but?

Thanks for any help,
Nick
If you are running XBMC on a standard OS with a window manager, you can use something like Advanced Launcher or your own script to launch your favorite web browser from within XBMC. You can have the browser launch directly to a specific site if desired.
And if you launch in kiosk or app mode it is fairly streamlined.
(2013-04-05, 18:17)Slackdaddy Wrote: [ -> ]From the google-ing I have done, there is not an intigrated web browser in XBMC?
more than 50% of the "media" we would be looking at on the TV would be "non mainstream web content"
Shutterfly albums, odd ball clasified sites that have pics and clips (Horses, trucks, properties), and some movie "download" sites.

Wouls XMBC handle this,, or do I just need a MC HTPC? I really hat MS and want XBMC to work,, but?

Thanks for any help,
Nick

You don't need a browser to play media on the web. Essentially all addons for video/audio are web content which we play just fine.