Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choppy playback after losing audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I hope someone is willing to help me with the following problem:

I recently updated to XBMC Frodo on Ubuntu. Until yesterday everything was working fine. Then suddenly a DVD I was watching exited early, and I restarded it to see the end. While scanning through the movie at 16x, the DVD exited again.

After that I rebooted the system. Now everytime I start a video after rebooting, I lose my audio and playback is choppy (3 to 4 FPS). I only get audio back after rebooting. I then upgraded to 12.1, but that does not seem to fix anything.

I have no clue what causes this, especially since it was working fine before this.

I have the debug log while starting a video after a clean reboot, causing me to lose audio and get choppy playback:
http://pastebin.com/jyw5si7y

Starting a movie from disc or HDD does not seem to matter, this happens every single time, no matter what kind of video I start. I hope someone can help pinpoint the problem. If you need any more/other info about my settings or my system, please do ask.