Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12.1 crashes - cause PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have installed XBMC Ubuntu 12.0 from the iso file and updated to 12.1.
Both in 12.0 and 12.1 it crashes. It doesn't matter if I play a movie or the program is the home screen.

When it crashes it goes into terminal mode and I can see this
Sreenshot

Before I updated to 12.1 there was an error with one of the lines. Every line is ok now.

Here is the logs. As you can see the crashlog is older.

xbmc.old.log.old
xbmc.log
crash.log

I am using a Intel Next Unit of Computing Kit DC3217IYE

I believe it has something to do with the PVR. I always get a crash when PVR add on is turned on.
Can it be related to when XBMC is trying to update EPG information from DVB Viewer Recording Service?

Thanks
I am getting the same thing. I installed XBMC 12.1 and everything worked fine until I enabled live TV and configured and enabled the mythtv pvr addon. When I enabled the pvr addon it connected to the mythtv backed and appeared to import the channels but after that XBMC locked up. I noticed as it locked up there was intense hard drive activity.
Any thoughts?
I completely uninstalled xbmc and removed the hidden xbmc directory from $home. I then installed the unstable release of xbmc 13. The mythtv addon wouldn't even run in that so I followed the instructions to compile the latest version of the addon (1.7.10) . This stopped the crashing but my original issue reappeared which was I couldn't watch live tv or view my recordings. In the end I got sick of wasting time and formatted and reinstalled mythbuntu 12.04.2 and xbmc 12.1 and everything worked straight away.

You might find following a similar path might resolve it for you. I definitely fixed the crashing issue by manually compiling the latest version of the mythtv addon. Check out the xbmc wiki for a step by step walk through.

Hope that helps