Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
To get automatically correct time by ntp, install ntp :
smart update
smart install ntp ntp-utils

Please read this article : http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2013/09/08...ge-part-2/

Regarding addons errors, please have a look a the log file xbmc.log (in /tmp/temp/ folder) and report the problem. Most of the time, a python module is required to get it work...

Regards
Stephan
(2013-09-29, 03:20)wolfgar Wrote: [ -> ]To get automatically correct time by ntp, install ntp :
smart update

Please read this article : http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2013/09/08...ge-part-2/

Regarding addons errors, please have a look a the log file xbmc.log (in /tmp/temp/ folder) and report the problem. Most of the time, a python module is required to get it work...

Regards
Stephan

Please tell me if I have xbmc recorded on the internal memory, how do I install the NTP. Insert the flash drive to a computer with Linux and run these commands
  smart update
Or how it differently? I'm just in this user)))))))
I have updated the gk802 linux installerscript http://stende.no-ip.info/files/xbmc/mkxbmc.sh with the latest rootfs made by stephan (wolfgar) for utilite http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2013/09/30...-included/

hste
hi hste

xbmc is clearly updated in this RFS.
Yet for CEC to work (if signal is wired on gk802), a new kernel driver is still required...
I will publish and send it to you as soon as I can
For now we can not expect cec to work even with this updated xbmc

Regards
Stephan
Hello Stephan,

I just found out about the Cubox-i yesterday and it seems that the iMX platform may be the best solution for a cheap HTPC. I just read through this whole thread, and it's very apparent that you're making great headway. Congrats!

I see that on page 494 of 5827 (!) the "i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual" lists the decoding capabilities of the VPU:

MPEG-2 MP, HP
VC-1 SP, MP, AP
MPEG-4 SP, ASP
H.263 V2 + Annex J, K (RS=0 and ASO=0), and T
H.264 BP, MP, HP
H.264-MVC BP, MP, HP
DivX v3,4,5
Real Video 8, 9, 10 ***Not supported per your blog post?***
MJPEG Baseline
On2 VP8
AVS Jizhun ***Not supported per your blog post?***

Maybe you had plans to post on your blog, but which of these hw decoders does your software utilize? If MPEG-2 is utilized (I hope!), did you have to pay for a license to activate the decoder--similar to Raspberry Pi? Also, someone posted an issue with interlaced MPEG-2 video. Did that get resolved?

EDIT: I just found your trac ticket regarding this issue.

Keep up the phenomenal work!
Hi

My software is able to use all the codecs you mention (except RV and AVS but only because I have not yet found the proper configuration I think...)
There is nothing to pay (as for Rpi) : The codecs are handled by the freescale VPU without specific activation required.
There might be bugs on my side (especially sometimes decoding seems to be buggy only because of pts issues while the stream is perfectly decoded)

I confirm I use VPU for MPEG-2 decoding

I am currently working on configuring properly hw motion filtering to have a perfect experience with interlaced video : My use case is obviously live tv (And it already works not so bad locally with my dvb-t tuner lol, still an annoying issue and other work which prevents to release immediately but it will happen and be just fine I hope lol )

Kind regards
Stephan
(2013-10-03, 22:31)wolfgar Wrote: [ -> ]I confirm I use VPU for MPEG-2 decoding

Am I correct to think that the CuBox-i will benefit equally from your decoding work on the wandboard and Utili​te Pro?

The lack of MPEG-2 decoding stopped me from purchasing an Ouya, so hopefully CuBox-i won't have that issue! Big Grin
in fact
I already have a cubox-i (well not really the device but the board inside : http://imx.solid-run.com/wiki/index.php?...e_Hardware )
And I have ported my image for cubox-i last week Wink

Yet, I have not yet released it publicly (some devs and solid-run have access to it) nor blogged about it because I have an issue @1080p with it and I want to be clear about the real cause and hopefully solve it before public communication...

Regards
Stephan
Fantastic! I'll report back to a CuBox-i thread I posted to.
Hi hste, thanks for your installerscript, it makes my life a little bit easier. XBMC works very well, special thanks to wolfgar. But, pls explain how you connect to network? No network-manager add-on in this build. I tried to edit /etc/network/interfaces, but without success.
Second issue, XBMC freezes on exit.
Hi night guest
I use a usbdongle identified as dm9601. This one work without problems. I have also on identified as smsc75xx. This one have packetloss when using some addons in xbmc. You could try to comment out the upstart of xbmc in /etc/rc.local to see if you get net. I think there are some problems with the gk802 kernel when there is high load and some of the usbdongles.
Hi, does the image for wandboard quad support the sata port? I plugged an Blueraydrive on it but i can´t find the drive. Hast anybody a kernelimage with sata support? I´m searching retro game emulators witch work on the xbmc image, too! Thank You
Be so kind as to tell anybody how to set the time zone on xbmc GK802. A shows the time is less than 4 hours. (ie need a time zone +4 MSK, as shown +0 UTS)?
Do the various i.MX6 SoCs with Linux support 24 and 50Hz refresh rates for HDMI as well as 60Hz?
rmiheev

You need to set the TZ variable for your timezone in your /etc/rc.local
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39