Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cd art manager manual question please :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I didn't know where else to post this. It should be a decently easy question. I recently downloaded CD ART MANAGER and it has loaded a lot of cd art which is amazing. However there are still quite a few albums that are missing cd art. I am curious can I manually add cd art within the program or something of that nature? I have Jourey's CD's and only about 2 cd arts for it. Any chance on how i can add more to it? Thank you!
Not familiar with that software. Does it just add folder.jpg image files to each album folder or is it a tag editor and actually embeds the tag in the music file? Does it have option to maually browse for an image or anything like that?

If it doesn't edit the tags and embed the coverart I would suggest using using the free software MP3tag. Just drag and drop an albums tracks into the program and then have it scan and download everything for each file, which includes the coverart if any is available. If your a Winamp owner, it has a built-in tag editor as well.

Otherwise for albums with missing art you can do it the old fashioned way and do a google image search using the artist and album name. I would open several to fullsize to check quality and download the best looking one. Usually the higher the resolution, the better. I prefer doing art manually as opposed to using some utility. Using them you have no control over what it downloads, its quality or even if its correct.
Ok I can give that a shot. I think its a tag editor really nothing manual I can do like add my on cd art to it.
I looked at the plugin page for the CD Art Manager. Looks like its not even a tag editor. I think it just downloads a bunch if images and probably saves them in the XBMC userdata folder somewhere. If so, that means you would likely lose them all if/when uninstall XBMC, so you might want to either export them from XBMC or try to browse the userdata folder and see if you can locate them. Then save them with your media collection.
(2013-04-07, 21:36)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at the plugin page for the CD Art Manager. Looks like its not even a tag editor. I think it just downloads a bunch if images and probably saves them in the XBMC userdata folder somewhere. If so, that means you would likely lose them all if/when uninstall XBMC, so you might want to either export them from XBMC or try to browse the userdata folder and see if you can locate them. Then save them with your media collection.

As the developer of the script, cdART Manager, the cdart.png files and the folder.jpg images are saved in the album path and the artist artwork is saved in the user provided path.

The best way to get more artwork is to join fanart.tv and request/create the artwork