Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Negative numbers for PosX and PosY, Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i came accross some controls that had negative numbers for position variables. why is this? it doesnt make sense. i am wondering this because it creates an error in my app when it tries to display an item off the screen.

would it be fine if i just assigned 0 to them instead?
if it's using coordinate system:

<coordinates>
<system>1</system>
<posx>185</posx>
<posy>230</posy>
</coordinates>

then the controls position would be based on these values and a negative number could be useful.

so <posx>-50</posx> would equate to <posx>135</posx>
this sux knowing little about skinning for xbmc and writing a skinning app. lol

i wondered what the coordinate system was used for.

so if a coordinate system exists for the window then all pos settings in the file are based off of this? like your example
if the system is 1 it uses this system.

otherwise, the posx and posy parameters are ignored for windows (both set to 0), and so all controls are positioned in the usual manner.

this is all in the online manual:

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....e&v=1k5

please let me know if there's anything else you need.
that makes perfect sense, i noticed most of the ones with negative numbers have no coordinate system at the top though?
i sometimes do that because i'm lazy to resize or reposition things in photoshop to make a texture fit the background and is much easyer to adjust a number in the xml file to do the same job.
i know it is a waste of memory but it's quicker, and yo uknow how long it takes ot make a skin for xbmc. Smile