Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mark movies / videos you have started watching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to only display the movies you already have started to watch but not yet finished watching?
You could create a smartplaylist for this I think? There should be an "in progress" field available.
Yea, I do it this way ^^
Works perfectly well and as expected, plus it's very simple to set up.
Many thanks.

Yes, that (actually) works, but it seems to work only, when you haven't started others of your videos yet, e.g. to just have a look at it or to set a bookmark. This "In progress" option seems to use the information whether a video is started once or not or so. So, after setting up such a play list, there are many movies shown I haven't seen yet, but I have started to set a bookmark or to see whether the scraper information are correct.
The in progress flag is set if the video has been partially watched, i.e. whether it has a resume bookmark or not. If you start movies and skip through to a certain point then this will be the case. The default is set to 3 minutes from start and 8% from end.

i.e. as long as you stop playback after 3 minutes and before 8% of the end, a resume bookmark will be set, and the movie will show up in the "in progress" list.

You can alter this behaviour (for newly watched items) by specifying <ignoresecondsatstart> and <ignorepercentatend> in advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
Thanky you, jmarshall,

I am not quite sure.

Quote: If you start movies and skip through to a certain point then this will be the case.
Indepentendly of how long you play the video?

Quote: The default is set to 3 minutes from start and 8% from end.
That means, you must start at 0:00 (or at any other point?) and play the video more than 3 minutes (without skipping / pausing?) and before you come to a point you reach the last 8 % of a video it will be flagged as "In progress"?

Quote:i.e. as long as you stop playback after 3 minutes and before 8% of the end
So, when you play less than 3 minutes (with or without pausing and without skipping) before you have entered the 8 % área (from the point 92 % of the video to 100 %) at the end of the video there will never be set a resume bookmark.

That is good, I will change the defalt settings to: a video has to be played with or without pausing / skipping at least 10 minutes to be flagged as "In progress".

Can you reset the resume bookmark? So, just make all videos or some unflagged with "In progress"?

So, I did:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
          <video> <!-- "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->

[color=#32CD32]  [b]<ignoresecondsatstart>600</ignoresecondsatstart>[/b][/color]

<smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
  <smallstepbacktries>3</smallstepbacktries>
  <smallstepbackdelay>300</smallstepbackdelay>
  <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>  <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
  <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
  <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
  <timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-300</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->

<percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 2. -->
  <percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>  <!-- Amount to seek backward as a percentage, when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -2. -->
  <percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 10. -->
  <percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -10. -->
  <blackbarcolour>1</blackbarcolour>  <!-- colour of the black bars (0->255), (black->white) on videos. -->

<fullscreenonmoviestart>true</fullscreenonmoviestart> <!-- Whether to go to fullscreen or not when starting a movie. Defaults to true. -->

</video> <!-- use "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->
</advancedsettings>
No, it means you must get past 00:03:00 in the file. This could be by seeking past it, or it could be by playing. We don't care. Similarly, we don't care if you seek to within 8% of the end of the file. If it stops while in that range, we remove the resume bookmark.

You can get rid of bookmarks on files by editing the database.

select * from bookmark;
Sorry for completely misunderstandin.

Quote:No, it means you must get past 00:03:00 in the file.
That is not senseful for me, because I watch videos recorded online, so mostly or almost always the first three minutes of a video is advertising, the end of the broadcast shown before etc. I am wondering, whatfor you could use such option. When the playing time would be used to to flagg a video as "In progress", it would be very needful for me.

Quote:No, it means you must get past 00:03:00 in the file.
And this point you can change, if I understand you right, in the advancedsettins.xml. I am wondering, how you could use it, when a video is flagged as "In progress" just by skipping only. So I would set it to "0", as I do not want to use it that way.

Quote:Similarly, we don't care if you seek to within 8% of the end of the file. If it stops while in that range, we remove the resume bookmark.
So, having reached a point (by playing or skipping) somewhere in the range from 92 to 100 % the flagg is removed automatically.

Quote:You can get rid of bookmarks on files by editing the database.
I rather shouldn't do it, I have any idea of something like that.

Many thanks.
No, you wouldn't set it to 0 as that would mean you just have to open a file to see what it is and it'll be marked as in progress. If you want to ignore advertising etc. for 3 minutes at the start then you should make the ignore at start to something like 10 minutes. That way you have to at least go past the first 10 minutes before it's marked as in progress. I doubt you'd either watch or seek past 10 minutes in the file and not want it to count as "in progress".
Quote:No, you wouldn't set it to 0 as that would mean you just have to open a file to see what it is and it'll be marked as in progress.
OK, so I will set it to 100, is that correct?

Quote:If you want to ignore advertising etc. for 3 minutes at the start then you should make the ignore at start to something like 10 minutes.
So, that should do it: <ignoresecondsatstart>600</ignoresecondsatstart>

Quote: That way you have to at least go past the first 10 minutes before it's marked as in progress.
Yes, but just a look at the end of a video (e.g. to see if it is complete) flaggs it as "In progress". I may be could set <ignorepercentatend>100</ignorepercentatend> to <ignorepercentatend>85</ignorepercentatend>...but that would mean, a video I watch might not (correctly) be flagged as "In progress" anymore though it is.