Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi-Episode Appearance in Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this has been asked before. I can't seem to find anything specific on the subject.

My multi-episodes have the format "Mad Men S05E01E02". XBMC scrapes and recognizes them just fine, but the way they show up in the Library isn't ideal. I get two separate items (one labelled episode 1, one labelled episode 2), but they both link to the same file. If I set a TV show to autoplay, then, it plays the same two-part episode twice. It also confuses any users that didn't do the original file setup. Is there any way to get XBMC to create a one-to-one relationship (i.e. have a single library listing for the 2-part episode)?

Thanks in advance!
I actually saw and was about to comment on the same behavior

I think it is done this way to show the episode description for each part.

Saying that, merging them, showing BOTH or more than BOTH descriptions appended to each other with something like:

Episode 1 54 minutes
Blah blah

Episode 2: 53 minutes
Blah2 blahs2

And combining total run time for the combined episode where it currently shows episode time, ie, in this case: 1:48

If we really want to get into it, it would be cool to list them and allow you to FF to the start of the second episode, etc from the description screen.

I have alot of shows where the entire season is combined (long story).

Adding an offset time to each episode would be cool. But that is wishful thinking
Agreed. A single listing for the two-parter is a bit of a compromise, as I assume it's a fairly reasonable fix.

In a perfect world (for me, anyway), the scraper would know that "Episode 2" starts at the 52 minute mark, and clicking the Ep1 library listing would play the first 52 minutes, while clicking the Ep2 listing would play everything from minute 52 on.

My collection is small enough, that I'd be willing to set that "separation time" manually, but obviously for people with an enormous library an automatic system would be more of a necessity.

Does anyone know if this is something that exists?
Had a search and this was the only thread I could find describing this issue so going to add my voice to this.

It would be so much better for XBMC to treat multi-episodes as separate files as currently a multi-episode file containing 2 20 minute episodes means that the same 40 minutes is played for each episode in XBMC. Is it possible to set the offset time for the time being until something more automatic is created?
Add a chapter mark with mkvmerge?

Spit the file into two parts?
I think this is coming in Gotham.