Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A couple of questions, hope someone can help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Running Frodo with Aeon Nox skin. Can't seem to figure out how to have different menu options like some have for Kids or Anime. I want HD, 3D and SD movies.

Also, is there a way to re-organize files by a sort name. I'd much prefer all Bond films to come up under "James Bond" and in chronological order and not in movie sets or just all over the place by main title. Same with Star Trek films and others. iTunes let's you chose a sort name (as do many other databases) so does XBMC allow the same?

Thanks!
Wow this got lost fast! Can anyone help?
1- try this: Custom home items (wiki)

2- There's a "sort title" field that XBMC can use. I would download the XWMM add-on (use the "install from zip" option): https://sourceforge.net/projects/xumm/fi...p/download

Then in a web browser go to (using the IP address of your HTPC)

Code:
http://IP.ADDRESS.GOES.HERE:8080/addons/

Select XWMM, then you should be able to edit the sort title easily.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!
Been attempting to edit the sort names for titles but it's definitely not working. Is there something I'm not understanding or possibly a simpler method?
you can add a sort title to the movie.nfo as well, as is explained in the wiki.
If you are using Chrome it tends to mess things up - use firefox or something else.

I my self had problems editing things with XWMM and using Chrome.

Also when you change something try to remove that movie from library and add it again.
(2013-04-16, 11:24)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]you can add a sort title to the movie.nfo as well, as is explained in the wiki.

Tried that. Exported the library to .nfo files, added the custom sort line. It didn't affect anything.

(2013-04-16, 14:41)Burke Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using Chrome it tends to mess things up - use firefox or something else.

I my self had problems editing things with XWMM and using Chrome.

Also when you change something try to remove that movie from library and add it again.

Tried using IE and Chrome, neither worked. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but nothing comes up in either browser.

This seems like an overly complicated system for something iTunes and other database software does pretty simply.
(2013-04-21, 14:18)Batiatus Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that. Exported the library to .nfo files, added the custom sort line. It didn't affect anything.

Did you remove the items from your library afterward and rescanned them in ?
(2013-04-21, 19:19)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-21, 14:18)Batiatus Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that. Exported the library to .nfo files, added the custom sort line. It didn't affect anything.

Did you remove the items from your library afterward and rescanned them in ?

Yes I have. Still doesn't work.

Also still can't get XWMM to work either. Frustrating!
Tried Chrome, IE and Firefox with 0 results for XWMM. I'm either doing it completely wrong or the 'simple' guides are far from properly explained. Editing .nfo files appears to be useless as well. Urgh this is driving me nuts!!! OCD will be the death of me!
have you set XWMM as web interface inside XBMC?
(2013-05-03, 14:13)Burke Wrote: [ -> ]have you set XWMM as web interface inside XBMC?

I hadn't, but now I see how to do that. However this still doesn't work. Just what exactly goes into the address bar in FireFox? I've tried all sorts of combination but I 'think' it should be this

http://192.168.0.118:80

But it just does a google search for that and comes up with nothing. I'm so lost!
Well F-me sideways with a spoon.... I figured it out.

Works fine in Chrome. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
I'm going to bump my old help request thread rather than make a new one. After searching unsuccessful I'm in need of some assistance with a couple issues.

First, is there a method or add-on to be able to change actor information for films? Example is Platoon, scraped with the Universal Scraper from IMDB doesn't list Charlie Sheen in the first 12 actors and therefor he's 'not' in the film. Same with Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages. With XWMM I can change the director, studio, rating and such but you can't edit the actor info?

Second, when using an external player (PowerDVD13) to play 3D ISO files is there a simple way to add audio and resolution info in XBMC, aside from creating a NFO or going through the hassle of removing the external scripts to play the file in XBMC first each time I add a new movie? Running the external script with Cinema Experience works for everything accept playing the correct audio format video, which sucks. Again something you can't edit in the web interface.

Last, I'm having issues connecting to the remote server constantly. Seems to have happened after I installed a PCIe SATAIII expansion card and upgraded to Windows 8.1. I have internet connection, LAN connection but getting movie info and especially artwork is hit and miss and I can't figure it out. Might be my internet though as it happened with my friend's HTPC when I brought it over to do some work on it. Frustrating.
Pages: 1 2