Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Delete a movie after watching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I delete a movie after watching it and having accessed it vía a play list? Have I to find it first in the video folder and then delete it? Is there a more convineint method?
Find it and delete it either via xbmc of via your pc or however you adding that media to the source xbmc is reading from.

uNi
Thanks uNi, for that instructions,

What I meant, was, if there is any easy way to do it, e.g. directly after watching may be with pressing one or two keys or mouse clicks.
You need to highlight the file and bring up context menu and select delete that or via pc, there is no special way to do it.

What I would say is that you need to enable aalow file renaming and deletion in xbmc see Settings/Appearance#File_lists (wiki)

Other than that, there's no mystery to unravel.

uNi
Quote:You need to highlight the file and bring up context menu and select delete that or via pc, there is no special way to do it.
Yes, there is not even the optin in this context menu to delete the file in XBMC of the play list, but I suppose, it is not possible to delete a file that way.

Quote:What I would say is that you need to enable aalow file renaming and deletion in xbmc see Settings/Appearance#File_lists
Yes, I had that enabled.

Quote:Other than that, there's no mystery to unravel.
I had hoped there will be an option to just delete a file with a few clicks / presses.

Thanks again.
It does work in a "few" click or keypresses but not from a playlist.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62027

uNi
Thanks for the link, I will find out what is the best way for me.
If you have file deletion enabled, then when you select "remove from library" it will also ask if you want to delete the file as well.
(2013-04-10, 20:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If you have file deletion enabled, then when you select "remove from library" it will also ask if you want to delete the file as well.

That would be great...though deleting files in XBMC is just not possible on my system anyway.

I am wondering why I might not get e-mail notification on some posts like this one.