Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Translation problem after upgrade XBMC 12 to 12.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I'm a french user of XBMCbuntu.

I've made an upgrade of my installation from XBMC 12 to 12.1.

I've used:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Everything works fine except the translation of the horizontal menu.

Here is an example to illustrate what i mean.

I've tried:
- to switch from french to english language then french again;
- i've deleted my userdatata folder;
- i've waited a few days then i've made another upgrade;
- i've checked that "strings.po" is in my
Code:
/usr/share/xbmc/language/French
&
Code:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/language/French
folders.

And still the same "problem". Sad

Any ideas Huh?

Thanks.

Thomas
The main menu hast been translated in trasifex yet or the translations havent been pulled in, perhaps for 12.2. https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/ go ask there.

uNi
That's not the standard Confluence skin. Looks like a mod.
Hi Anquetos.

In default Confluence skin, there is no issues with those labels.

But your SciFi menu is based on a smart playlist / node / favourite ?

Salut Anquetos.

Dans le thème par défaut Confluence, je n'ai pas de soucis avec ces libellés.

Mais ton menu SciFi est basé sur une smart playliste / noeud / favori ?

Thats not a problem with default skin, go complain in the skin support subforum for the skin you using which has these problems.
Confluence does not have a sci-fi menu it has a genre which is tags iirc.

uNi
@all:

My explanation of the screenshot was not very clear!...

The screenshot i have posted is just an example (i have downloaded on xbmc.org) to show you which parts are translated and which parts are not.

I'm using the original Confluence and no other skin.

So in my Confluence, the sub-menu is well translated, but the horizontal one is not.
You do know that you can open an account at Transifex and correct the errors right?

In either case your first screenshots are not default confluence so since you didnt say and explained where you got this from, is easily confused and ppl will assume your using a non default skin. Anyway moving on.

So refer in either case to considering correcting the translations yourself in Transifex since its free to join and you are affected with this "problem" and speak/write the language, once its fixed alanwww will pull changes into 12.2 if he sees fit.

uNi
you simply are not using 12.1 release
(2013-04-12, 18:46)Anquetos Wrote: [ -> ]@all:

My explanation of the screenshot was not very clear!...

The screenshot i have posted is just an example (i have downloaded on xbmc.org) to show you which parts are translated and which parts are not.

So in my Confluence, the sub-menu is well translated, but the horizontal one is not.
Anquetos,

As you can see on my screens shots, I have no problems with XBMC 12.1 and Confluence with French settings.

Look at your log file to see which version of XBMC you are running.

You can also submit your problem on our French forum ;)
(2013-04-12, 18:56)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]you simply are not using 12.1 release

He says hes downloaded the screenshots from xbmc.org to show example, then a second set of screenshots from different skin, confusing right? Still you are correct neither are current and default.

@OP

Please dont confuse things and goto Transifex and consider contributing a better translation and use XBMC v12.1 and default skin and post you own screenshots.

uNi
(2013-04-12, 19:06)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]

He says hes downloaded the screenshots from xbmc.org to show example, then a second set of screenshots from different skin, confusing right? Still you are correct neither are current and default.

@OP

Please dont confuse things and goto Transifex and consider contributing a better translation and use XBMC v12.1 and default skin and post you own screenshots.

uNi
i am 200% sure he does not have 12.1
Those strings changed after Frodo release and they are not yet on transifex so he gets English only.
@Martijn hehe that made me laugh Big Grin the op is 100% x2 confusing and I agree 200.99% your right too. Wink

uNi
Confluence skin is 100% translated for French.

I'm part of Transiflex french team and I'm using XBMC 12.1 on OpenELEC and Windows.

(2013-04-12, 19:03)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Anquetos,

As you can see on my screens shots, I have no problems with XBMC 12.1 and Confluence with French settings.

You can also submit your problem on our French forum Wink

(2013-04-12, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]i am 200% sure he does not have 12.1
Those strings changed after Frodo release and they are not yet on transifex so he gets English only.

(2013-04-13, 12:39)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Confluence skin is 100% translated for French.

I'm part of Transiflex french team and I'm using XBMC 12.1 on OpenELEC and Windows.

Hi,

Thanks to you, i think i perhaps found my problem, and my mistake Nod

You were right, i'm not using 12.1 version but 13.0-alpha2 release (see my log).

To do my update, i followed this link from that news.

As you can see, the wiki says that we have to do "sudo apt-get upgrade" but i did "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade".

I've just made a fresh install with 12.0 and i will try to do the right command line.

I will let you know what happened!
(2013-04-12, 19:06)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]He says hes downloaded the screenshots from xbmc.org to show example, then a second set of screenshots from different skin, confusing right? Still you are correct neither are current and default.

@OP

uNi

(2013-04-12, 19:03)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Anquetos,

You can also submit your problem on our French forum Wink

Sorry but I didn't made a second set of screenshots, you must have mistaken with the screenshots mikebzh44 posted when he tried to help me.

As I said:

(2013-04-12, 18:46)Anquetos Wrote: [ -> ]My explanation of the screenshot was not very clear!...

For you uNiversal, here is the screenshot of my configuration. I hope this is not too confuse for you now, because it seems to be very hard to understand even with my second post where i admitted i was not very clear. Wink

Here is MY screenshot.

(2013-04-12, 18:55)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]You do know that you can open an account at Transifex and correct the errors right?

In either case your first screenshots are not default confluence so since you didnt say and explained where you got this from, is easily confused and ppl will assume your using a non default skin. Anyway moving on.

So refer in either case to considering correcting the translations yourself in Transifex since its free to join and you are affected with this "problem" and speak/write the language, once its fixed alanwww will pull changes into 12.2 if he sees fit.

uNi

(2013-04-12, 19:17)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@Martijn hehe that made me laugh Big Grin the op is 100% x2 confusing and I agree 200.99% your right too. Wink

uNi

I have to say, i'm quite upset with this kind of answers! I'm using XBMC for many years now. I'm always trying to look an find solution by myself without annoying anyone.

For the first (or second time), i decided to ask for help and people like uNi answered: "You have a problem? Fix it yourself! Your first was not clear enought so il will not read your second explanation and i will laugh at you."

So, i will tell you what made me laugh.Wink If you are bored with people asking for something, don't read their thread and don't waste time writing answers like that, because this is not very pleasant and construtive.

If you think i didn't unsterstood the way you tried to helpme , i apologize to you in advance.Angel
Pages: 1 2