Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why change the recently added?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

It is possible to sort files based on when it was added and this have been based on when the file was added to the library of XBMC(Eden). This is now changed to look at file creation date instead, why?

If Im in a software that have a library and I decide to add a file to this library, a parameter like recently added should clearly be when it was added to the library and not when the file was created (out side this software). I do see that some users might need to sort on creation date but then there should simple be a extra sort order parameter with a more fitting name.

In my case the new sortorder is not working at all. A file that I just unpacked gets the created date 12/04/2013 (correct) but then it got a Modified date of 11/05/2012, what date do XBMC use? Yes the modified date and that's completely wrong. The modified date is probably around the time the movie go out on the market but it was new to my filsysmte and to my XBMC library today. If I need to sort on when a movie was released I could just do so from within XBMC. What I need is simple to sort movies based on when I got them to the library/XBMC. This is of couse not the only movie that I got this problem with, all movies that I unpacked and added today got randomly added on different dates according to XBMC even when all of them was new to my file system today.

The advancedsettings do work just fine, all Im saying Is that Im not seeing the logic in placing a setting like this in a advancedsettings file and not making it default?
There are other threads about this, I suggest you search.