Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any android expert can guide me how to update librtmp in android device thanks in advance
(2013-11-10, 02:16)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: [ -> ]any android expert can guide me how to update librtmp in android device thanks in advance

You can update the file using Filezilla then you will see the lib folder.My problem is after a reboot the old librtmp is back in the folder.Any solutions to fix this problem??(Sorry for my english im from Germany)
I am no expert but sorting it in android is easy

1.Just download any xbmc apk, also download latest librtemp.so file.

2.open the apk file with winrar, inside there is a lib folder and inside that armebi-v7a folder open it . Then press add and choose the newest librtemp file, when that is done close winrar.

3 Install zipsigner https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...2&hl=en_GB

4 Copy the previously edited xbmc apk to the sd card and use zipsigner to sign it

5 Install the signed apk

This is working for me for the redirect and all but some previously working channels not working

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1544726

(2013-11-10, 02:16)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: [ -> ]any android expert can guide me how to update librtmp in android device thanks in advance
(2013-11-10, 14:10)abynk Wrote: [ -> ]I am no expert but sorting it in android is easy

2.open the apk file with winrar, inside there is a lib folder and inside that armebi-v7a folder open it . Then press add and choose the newest librtemp file, when that is done close winrar.

4 Copy the previously edited xbmc apk to the sd card and use zipsigner to sign it

5 Install the signed apk

This is working for me for the redirect and all but some previously working channels not working

my friend what do u mean by "press add and choose the newest librtemp"
Just press the button under the file menu (the big book shaped button named add) , or you can right click inside armebi-v7a folder and select add files to archive

(2013-11-10, 16:07)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-10, 14:10)abynk Wrote: [ -> ]I am no expert but sorting it in android is easy

5 Install the signed apk

my friend what do u mean by "press add and choose the newest librtemp"
Can you tell us what to do in Zipsigner? I created a signed apk,installed it but it did not work.Get no Internet connection in Xbmc.Which Keyoption should i use in ZipsignerHuh?
Can you please tell me what device you are using , I have used the default keyoption , but used the xbmc apk from my device's original rom and worked very well
(2013-11-10, 21:05)Boomer79 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell us what to do in Zipsigner? I created a signed apk,installed it but it did not work.Get no Internet connection in Xbmc.Which Keyoption should i use in ZipsignerHuh?
(2013-11-11, 14:15)abynk Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please tell me what device you are using , I have used the default keyoption , but used the xbmc apk from my device's original rom and worked very well
(2013-11-10, 21:05)Boomer79 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell us what to do in Zipsigner? I created a signed apk,installed it but it did not work.Get no Internet connection in Xbmc.Which Keyoption should i use in ZipsignerHuh?

A Minix x5 mini with newest 4.2.2
(2013-10-18, 12:49)phinc Wrote: [ -> ]I have two questions:
- Why is the latest librtmp not included in the Gotham Alpha and Nightly builds?
- Since the problem on Android seems to be that the new librtmp is replaced by the old one after reboot, would it be possible that we run a script at startup that updates the librtmp again?

The Alpha and Nightly builds would just include the "normal" librtmp that Team XBMC uses. They stated they will not use a patched version only official new version which the rtmpdump doesn't seem too interested.

Also I have looked in to the Android issue, but for no apparent reason once 4.3 came out librtmp started working for nobody and I can't seem to find the exact cause Sad

(2013-10-20, 17:34)wqwert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-13, 20:12)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-13, 05:15)raub Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for taking the time to look at my log. The plugin name is shahid MBC. I was told my libertmp is outadated. I updated using yours but the videos still dont play. The videos are on demand not live streams.

Still looking into this issue.

(2013-10-13, 17:37)wqwert Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please someone tell me, how to update librtmp on j1nx xbmc buildroot device (g-box midnight)?
Thanks you.

Use the RasPi file for Linux ARM devices. Should work. Please write back either way so folks know.

Android 4.3?

If so I am currently working on a new Android toolchain, to try and see if that's what's crashing Android's XBMC for everybody.

I believe it's a 4.3 issue because even the librtmp files that folks had no issues with in the past now crash on Android.

Thank you for the reply. Buy I'm running j1nx build root Linux version. Can you guide me to update the lib rtmp on it?. Thanks.

(2013-11-05, 22:03)yotatoy Wrote: [ -> ]I am having a problem with libRTMP not working

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80223

Are you completely positive you are using the complete latest of my file? I have played CBS stuff on Windows all the time with no issue. That exact episode plays for me also. Sometimes I gotta click on it once or twice to get it work on the Free Cable plugin anyway.

(2013-11-09, 01:42)nozomi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
In the mediafire folder there is no osx version available for the latest KSV release.

I've been tryin to compile it myself but need librtmp to be 32bit and I can't figure out how to do that on my 64bit mac? Sad

Thanks for any help!

EDIT Finally managed to compile a working version using:

Code:
make SYS=darwin CFLAGS='-arch i386' LDFLAGS='-arch i386'

Sorry about that, I got busy and couldn't create the Mac ones in a speedy manor. Though I will make sure to get them out. Been spending so much time debugging Android to no success Sad

(2013-11-09, 20:37)abynk Wrote: [ -> ]Please any Linux experts help me I got putty installed in my pc and it is showing the
[root@amlogic /root]# find / | grep librtmp.so.0
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
and the latest file on C:\Users\All Users.AllUsers-PC\Desktop\librtemp folder , how can I transfer it to my box

Thanks in advance

aby

I would type the following commands (as root):

mv /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0 /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0.OLD
cp (location of new librtmp.so.0) /usr/lib
Hi can someone indicate me to where I can find the latest AT2 librtmp update?

Thanks!
(2013-11-14, 13:28)hugoladeira Wrote: [ -> ]Hi can someone indicate me to where I can find the latest AT2 librtmp update?

Thanks!

It's in the latest folder in the iOS folder.
I use librtmp 09-24-2013 of android and when I use Sportsdevil add-on, some channels not working. But on my PC, 11-02-2013 almost channels working. can you update for librtmp for android. thanks
(2013-11-11, 21:22)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-09, 20:37)abynk Wrote: [ -> ]Please any Linux experts help me I got putty installed in my pc and it is showing the
[root@amlogic /root]# find / | grep librtmp.so.0
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
and the latest file on C:\Users\All Users.AllUsers-PC\Desktop\librtemp folder , how can I transfer it to my box

Thanks in advance

aby

I would type the following commands (as root):

mv /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0 /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0.OLD
cp (location of new librtmp.so.0) /usr/lib

thanks RP for the reply

I am not able to rename it says read only file system also tried chmod to change it to 777, still not able to change the chmod. Win scp is not connecting to my android box running on linux (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029) . is there any way to change the librtemp in the linux rom before flashing

aby
If any one using AML8726-MX Tv-Box (Droid TV MX) , the new linux rom from croniccorey is with the latest librtemp an is working like a charm http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
(2013-08-10, 12:11)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-10, 10:26)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well. Thanks for the info. Was wishing this worked cause it's difficult to explain this stuff to OpenELEC users, but guess nothing can be done.

I've determined a solution for OpenELEC that allows any system library used by XBMC to be replaced by an alternative third party version - it's a pretty ugly hack, but it does work with an unmodified 3.1.x build without any problems, and given the only other alternative is a custom build this makes it a lot less trouble despite it's ugliness! Smile

It involves using autostart.sh to halt the initial load of xbmc.bin, modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then initiating a secondary load of xbmc.bin but now using the third party libraries (librtmp etc.). The hack will only be applied when the /storage/lib directory is present (exists), and when autostart.sh is being called during the boot sequence (when the parent process ID is 1), and when /storage/lib isn't detected at the beginning of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and thus needs to be added). The check for PPID means it is possible to call autostart.sh without re-invoking xbmc.bin, which may be useful when testing/debugging other autostart.sh functionality...

Gotham Update

Gotham builds of OpenELEC totally change the boot process. The latest version of hacklib will now detect when booting on a Gotham build and simply copy /etc/profile.d to a temporary location, add an extra script to the new profile.d folder which fixes up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, then substitute this modified profile.d folder for the standard /etc/profile.d directory. New processes, including xbmc.bin, will now reference the new profile.d folder and as a result will use the fixed up LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

To update, just download the latest hacklib file, and if using mktmplib download that also.

Installation instructions: (See end of post for direct download instructions)

1. Create /storage/lib and populate with third-party libraries. Download the latest librtmp.so.0 for RasPi or Linux/x86 from Red Penguins Repo, and create the librtmp.so symbolic link:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/lib
<Download librtmp.so.0 from RedPenguin's "Repo">
chmod 755 /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0
ln -s /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 /storage/lib/librtmp.so

2. Create /storage/.config/autostart.sh using vi or nano:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Hack for third-party libraries
[ $PPID -eq 1 -a -f /storage/.config/hacklib ] && . /storage/.config/hacklib

# Rest of autostart.sh goes here...

3. Create /storage/.config/hacklib (see download link)

4. Reboot.

Optional Extra
When mounting /storage across a network (eg. over NFS or SMB), there will be an increase in network activity as /storage/lib is checked for library files (99.9% of which won't be found) and this could result in reduced UI performance (slightly longer load times etc.). To eliminate any network overhead, you can instead host the thirdparty library files in memory backed storage.

To accomplish this, download the mktmplib file in /storage/.config/mktmplib - when present, it will be called by hacklib and transfer the third party libraries to memory back storage the location of which will then be prefixed to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Disabling 3rd Party Libraries
To disable the hack:
Code:
mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync
reboot

Download instructions
Downloadable versions of autostart.sh, hacklib and mktmplib are available on Dropbox - use the following commands to download the files:
Code:
cd /storage/.config
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
curl -L http://is.gd/GJdaEY -o mktmplib

I am thinking about updating to 3.2.4, and just wondering if all this is still necessary to update librtmp ? Many thanks in advance..