Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reinstalled Crystalbuntu, got rid of xbmchub wizard and all is working fine now.

(2014-02-01, 03:44)herbie70 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I've been using XBMC for a few weeks and have managed to work most of my problems out, but I'm stuck with this one!
I can ssh into my apple tv with OSX Terminal and also have a FTP connection to browse files.

I've been following the advice on this thread :
http://forum.stmlabs.com/archive/index.p...643-1.html

I'm using an apple tv1 with Crystalbuntu and Frodo 12.3

I backed up the file in /usr/lib/i386 etc and it's now called librtmp.so.0.backup
when i enter sudo cp librtmp.so.0 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ in Terminal i get this message : "cp: cannot stat `librtmp.so.0': No such file or directory"

Im still a bit confused about what my "home' directory" is on the Crystalbuntu when i use my ftp browser and go to /home/atv (where I have put the new librtmp file) I see various greyed out files like .bash_history .bash_logout plus greyed out folders like .upgrade .xbmc .xbmc-current - i can click on these folders and go inside...I think my xbmc home is at /home/atv/.xbmc ?
I've also put the new librtmp file there..

I suppose I CAN'T just drag the new librtmp file in to the right folder via FTP from my mac?
If not, I'm stuck as to what i need to do via terminal

Thanks for any help you can give me
(2014-01-30, 19:49)AniMac Wrote: [ -> ]I have an Android (4.2) RK3188 smart box, running OUYA Git 12.3.

I'm having lots of live stream problems and need to know which librtmp I need.

Thanks in advance.

I will look at compiling the Android version. But ever since about 4.3 or so the librtmp crashes XBMC over and over.

I have looked for support on Android forums to get past this issue and so far I got no where at all. Nobody even replied to my posts on two different Android forums. Sad
(2013-12-25, 05:33)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried building the Android version and still can't get anywhere.

I have even tried on Android forums but I get no where at all.

It compiles successfully but XBMC crashes.

Hi! can u tall which one is working for android from old or new librtmp ??
I'm running Frodo 12.3 on Windows 7 64 bit which is working great! Some of the live streaming channels in Mashup aren't working. I was told to update librtmp. As a noob, I don't have a clue which file to download & how to update. Could you plz help me with that! Thanks!
(2014-02-01, 23:39)indijones Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Frodo 12.3 on Windows 7 64 bit which is working great! Some of the live streaming channels in Mashup aren't working. I was told to update librtmp. As a noob, I don't have a clue which file to download & how to update. Could you plz help me with that! Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#3kdne8twmpn84
THANK YOU Smile

(2014-02-02, 00:25)shuvro Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#3kdne8twmpn84
(2014-02-01, 15:16)dunkle Wrote: [ -> ]Im now using Openelec Frodo on a celeron based NUC

How do I update the Librtmp on a NUC ?
Where do I find it ? Where do I replace it ?

Can anyone advise ?

anyone know please ?
any known issue with librtmp and Community on hulu. I've used xbmc on various platforms for years. the hulu plugin is still working great thanks mostly to librtmp. Whats odd is in the last year or so Community won't play. I can't think of anything else on hulu which won't play. Someone from the huly thread pointed me here and I tried the newest librtmp for linux 32bit (since I mostly use an original xbox and I see RP doesnt have an xbox version Smile) even with the 10/22 version of x86_32bit&ATV1(Linux) Community episodes wont play. Here's a log http://pastebin.com/Si5yrSGH . I'm just curious if anyone knows why, like is Community known to be pushed out only in Flash 10 or something?
(2014-02-01, 22:25)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 19:49)AniMac Wrote: [ -> ]I have an Android (4.2) RK3188 smart box, running OUYA Git 12.3.

Thanks in advance.

I will look at compiling the Android version. But ever since about 4.3 or so the librtmp crashes XBMC over and over.

I have looked for support on Android forums to get past this issue and so far I got no where at all. Nobody even replied to my posts on two different Android forums. Sad

Hopefully you can get the update lib on android version soon. The redirect link will not work with old librtmp
I'm trying to build librtmp on Win 8.1 for use in xbmc (want to build from source as trying to trace some issues). I've done this without issues on Win 7, but couldn't swear to how I did it now!

Using mingw, I can build the latest source just fine but it won't run. I get the following error in xbmc (yes, I've changed the load path):

22:34:15 T:10244 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load c:/Users/USER/Documents/dev/rtmpdump/librtmp/librtmp.dll with error 182:The operating system cannot run %1.

Trying to build the older version that I believe is actually distributed with xbmc fails with:

rtmp.cpp:29:24: fatal error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory

Anyone got any ideas on making the buildable version run, or the runnable version build??
(2014-02-01, 22:25)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks in advance.

Hi RedPenguin.
Can you point me the latest and stable version of yours Librtmp for android Huh
Thanks
what happens on openelec, gotham when we update manually the librtmp file?

"Gotham builds of OpenELEC totally change the boot process." - what does it means? Isn't it possible to update manually the file?

Thanks
Read the rest of the post? It provides a solution.
(2014-02-26, 00:41)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Read the rest of the post? It provides a solution.

Yes, i tried and had a problem... It enter a bootloop on startup. XBMC screen, home screen, black screen->XBMC screen, etc ad infinitum. I had to format the sdcard/usb.

That's why i am asking. Cant it be made manually? What's the problem? Does it get lost on update, or on boot?

Why latest builds cant have the latest librtmp file? I am curious...
Don't know, works for me. Try again, if it enters a bootloop just revert the change to autostart.sh - no need to reformat anything.