Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-07, 18:13)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-07, 17:25)quikote Wrote: [ -> ]Option 1 is not possible because this @eaDir is automatically created by my Synology NAS where I have mounted storage dir.

Just be aware that the entire contents of /storage/lib is being copied to RAM storage, so if you've got a load of other cr@p in the /storage/lib folder you'll be using more physical memory as more memory will have to be reserved in order to create the appropriately sized RAM disk.

In this case it doesn't look like the @eaDir is very large (8 KB) so shouldn't be a problem, but generally speaking when using mktmplib you want to keep as little as possible in the /storage/lib folder.

Ok. I will do it.
As I told you @eaDir is automatically created by my NAS. If I remove it, in a few hours it appears again. But fortunately it's only a few KB.

Thanks again.
Could someone give me a step by step walk through on how to update librtmp in android. Please don't send me wiki site I don't understand it. I know how to find new files and download , do I need to use a program to replace it? A video or step by step tutorial would be great.
Hey so do we need to update lib for the aportsdevil to work ?
(2014-06-08, 00:28)Gerrard8 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone give me a step by step walk through on how to update librtmp in android. Please don't send me wiki site I don't understand it. I know how to find new files and download , do I need to use a program to replace it? A video or step by step tutorial would be great.

Do I update it within XBMC? Do I do the update in Android through root browswer? Any answer would be great! Thanks!
Hi,

I'm trying to push the latest librtmp.so file, rather than installing the .apk file, to my FireTV from a Windows 8.1 laptop using the command bar.

I'll connect to the FireTV and type - adb push librtmp.so /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/librtmp.so - but receive "Permission Denied".

What am I doing wrong?
Just downloaded the librtmp.0.dylib file for IOS (/redpenguin/Shared Files/librtmp/5-14-14-Streamify-Fix/iOS)
I uploaded to my Apple TV 2, putting it in the /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks directory.

However, I am still getting a message from SportsDevil saying I need to update.

I am using XBMC 13 (Gotham) on (obviously) a Jailbroken Apple TV 2.

Any help would be great! World cup starts in 2 days and I'd love to be able to stream it. Thanks so much for all you do!
(2014-06-11, 00:39)urieal Wrote: [ -> ]Just downloaded the librtmp.0.dylib file for IOS (/redpenguin/Shared Files/librtmp/5-14-14-Streamify-Fix/iOS)
I uploaded to my Apple TV 2, putting it in the /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks directory.

Any help would be great! World cup starts in 2 days and I'd love to be able to stream it. Thanks so much for all you do!

Did you set the owner/permissions exactly the same as the old? Only thing I can think of.

(2014-06-10, 15:35)Hammy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to push the latest librtmp.so file, rather than installing the .apk file, to my FireTV from a Windows 8.1 laptop using the command bar.

I'll connect to the FireTV and type - adb push librtmp.so /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/librtmp.so - but receive "Permission Denied".

What am I doing wrong?

Is device not rooted? Also way better to try just to go with an APK in that case.

(2014-06-09, 06:03)Gerrard8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-08, 00:28)Gerrard8 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone give me a step by step walk through on how to update librtmp in android. Please don't send me wiki site I don't understand it. I know how to find new files and download , do I need to use a program to replace it? A video or step by step tutorial would be great.

Do I update it within XBMC? Do I do the update in Android through root browswer? Any answer would be great! Thanks!

Best to use an APK in this case.
(2014-06-11, 01:29)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 00:39)urieal Wrote: [ -> ]Just downloaded the librtmp.0.dylib file for IOS (/redpenguin/Shared Files/librtmp/5-14-14-Streamify-Fix/iOS)

Did you set the owner/permissions exactly the same as the old? Only thing I can think of.
Thanks for the quick reply. I logged back in and CHMOD the file to 777, rebooted the ATV2 and no luck. It was set to 755, like all other files in the directory.

SportsDevil tells me "Cfg syntax is invalid"
World cup streaming: all matches with English commentary on BBC or. ITV. Easiest to get via FTV App, if you are outside UK. (Also in case you do not get sportsdevil to work)
BBC1 now also on p2pstream.
Hi RP is there a Frodo 12.3 android with April update librtmp.dll build in? I still do not find Gotham OK, especially when you move forward in video, so looking for Frodo solution.
(2013-04-16, 23:57)Clus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!

I replaced my original librtmp.so.0 on a raspberry pi with the one from your repository, but I get this error when loading a stream. XBMC restarts afterwards.

Code:
23:37:09 T:2873316416  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
23:37:09 T:2873316416   ERROR: Unable to load /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system/librtmp.so.0, reason: /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system/librtmp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried both your newer and older version of the file - same result. I copied the file into the folder as root, but any user is allowed to read it. Do I have to do anything more?

i have exactly the same error ? ANy solution ?
I have a raspi with latest official OpenElec gotham. (4.0.5)
when I check I get this result:

OpenELEC:~ # grep autostart.sh /var/log/messages
grep: /var/log/messages: No such file or directory ConfusedHuh

OpenELEC:~ # md5sum /storage/.config/hacklib /storage/.config/mktmplib
722896b7516cd10d32306ec7fe268c07 /storage/.config/hacklib
8aedba1f56629f93e8f14829de0e9123 /storage/.config/mktmplib

everything else I checked is ok (I think?).........why can't I get/check autostart/var/log/messages?
Do I have latest librtmpfile yes or no?
Because OpenELEC no longer uses /var/log/messages since the switch to systemd. To view the system log, use "journalctl --no-pager"
(2014-06-24, 00:15)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Because OpenELEC no longer uses /var/log/messages since the switch to systemd. To view the system log, use "journalctl --no-pager"

HuhHuhHuhuh-uh..help? I can handle windows but Linux is abacadabra for me...CoolCool
what to do when I want to check...which commands?Big GrinBig Grin:
(2014-06-24, 00:23)haakie Wrote: [ -> ]what to do when I want to check...which commands?Big GrinBig Grin:

Code:
journalctl --no-pager | grep autostart.sh
or alternatively, to view the output of just the "xbmc-autostart" unit/job:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager --unit=xbmc-autostart