Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just an update for folks, I have edited the OP to mention a custom OpenELEC build by Rbej that contains my custom librtmp for RasPi.
Hello @RedPenguin. I haven't got time to try the librtmp file on ATV1 again. However, my igoal.tv and crictime streams have started working for the past 3-4 days. Probably the rtmp update was pushed automatically? thanks for your help.
(2013-05-02, 04:29)agemineye Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @RedPenguin. I haven't got time to try the librtmp file on ATV1 again. However, my igoal.tv and crictime streams have started working for the past 3-4 days. Probably the rtmp update was pushed automatically? thanks for your help.

librtmp has no way of automatically updating but every time I tried your link it never loaded for me on any machine, so I wonder if it was just down or something.
Hi, are your talking about this link

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks ?

Confused? Huh

(2013-05-02, 04:32)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-02, 04:29)agemineye Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @RedPenguin. I haven't got time to try the librtmp file on ATV1 again. However, my igoal.tv and crictime streams have started working for the past 3-4 days. Probably the rtmp update was pushed automatically? thanks for your help.

librtmp has no way of automatically updating but every time I tried your link it never loaded for me on any machine, so I wonder if it was just down or something.
(2013-05-02, 20:41)agemineye Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, are your talking about this link

Confused? Huh

(2013-05-02, 04:32)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]

I meant your link you gave me before for cricket, that one did not work for me before.
Oh Ok. Thanks for your help.

(2013-05-02, 20:50)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-02, 20:41)agemineye Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, are your talking about this link

Confused? Huh

(2013-05-02, 04:32)RedPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]librtmp has no way of automatically updating but every time I tried your link it never loaded for me on any machine, so I wonder if it was just down or something.

I meant your link you gave me before for cricket, that one did not work for me before.
I am having problems using certain apps for streaming video. Other apps work just fine. I have been directed to this thread for help.

Please see my bug report here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17072

It shows a RTMP handshake failure.

Help.?

Also I have updated the librtmp with your latest version.
(2013-05-09, 20:03)jonnyv Wrote: [ -> ]I am having problems using certain apps for streaming video. Other apps work just fine. I have been directed to this thread for help.

Please see my bug report here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17072

It shows a RTMP handshake failure.

Help.?

Also I have updated the librtmp with your latest version.

That log appears that the server you are attempting to contact has modified their handshake for some reason, most likely to break your ability to watch via XBMC/rtmpdump.

That's way beyond my ability for librtmp but you can try asking KSV who writes patches for rtmpdump to see what can be done possibly.

KSV can be currently contacted at this thread:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16103

Though Google Searching claims this can also be due to Geolocking or a server not liking your location causing this error. Do you live in UK to watch Ch 4?
Jonnyv forgot to mention that the plugin works on other platforms, Windows, Linux etc, so it's not a geolocation issue, it's an Android/librtmp issue. Also it's the same problem that happens for other websites with the stock XBMC version of librtmp in Android, but which is fixed for some of those websites with the Android librtmp version from this thread. Next stop KSV, I guess.

Note: I don't know that jonny is in the UK, but all UK based Android users seem to have the same problem, and not just with 4od.

Quote:That log appears that the server you are attempting to contact has modified their handshake for some reason, most likely to break your ability to watch via XBMC/rtmpdump

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
(2013-05-10, 11:49)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]Jonnyv forgot to mention that the plugin works on other platforms, Windows, Linux etc, so it's not a geolocation issue, it's an Android/librtmp issue. Also it's the same problem that happens for other websites with the stock XBMC version of librtmp in Android, but which is fixed for some of those websites with the Android librtmp version from this thread. Next stop KSV, I guess.

Note: I don't know that jonny is in the UK, but all UK based Android users seem to have the same problem, and not just with 4od.

Oh ok your explaination clears up a lot about what exactly is occuring.

Totally not sure why it's working on other platforms as no code was changed between my versions, just compiled for various platforms.

(2013-05-10, 11:49)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:That log appears that the server you are attempting to contact has modified their handshake for some reason, most likely to break your ability to watch via XBMC/rtmpdump

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Yea I thought that but I figured I better cover all possibilities lol.
Ok I will put a post In that thread.

And yes I am in the UK. Itv player and demand 5 same problem. But iPlayer, tv catchup etc work fine.

Thanks Guys
Can you make one apk with the 19.02.2013 hw accel build?
(2013-05-15, 09:38)meddem Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make one apk with the 19.02.2013 hw accel build?

Not a problem, check my folder in a little bit.
Forgive me, I am a little lost. I read that there is a new librtmp file needed for parts of SportsDevil, as mentioned here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1421992

I see RedPenguin mentioned by name so I figured this would be the place to ask for an apk with this updated file and the latest official release of xbmc... please and thank you!
(2013-05-16, 16:47)mandroid Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive me, I am a little lost. I read that there is a new librtmp file needed for parts of SportsDevil, as mentioned here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1421992

I see RedPenguin mentioned by name so I figured this would be the place to ask for an apk with this updated file and the latest official release of xbmc... please and thank you!

Looking in to it now. Thanks for the heads-up.