Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: librtmp - Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MMeirolas, if you read a few posts back you can see a MediaFire folder from Superceleron that has the updated libs and APKs...
Just backup the old file and test the new file from Superceleron.

Superceleron, any luck with SPMC without changing the libcurl file ?
Have you already tried the NDK 10d ?
(2015-02-08, 03:31)shuvro Wrote: [ -> ]@Mabs Sorry man .

They just release the MINIX V13.3.3 final.
Can u pls replace new librtmp for this.

MINIX official server: http://minix.com.hk/downfile/xbmcminix-a..._final.apk

Forum Server: http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/down..._final.apk

Sorry again

Thanks / Shuvro

XBMC for MINIX 13.3.3 Final With "LibRTMP from Superceleron and Shani-08 (02.02.2015)"

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?gxp41g1k6vbqr7e

Made and tested by me.

Please test and give feedback.
Thanks
(2015-02-10, 23:15)Mabs Wrote: [ -> ]MMeirolas, if you read a few posts back you can see a MediaFire folder from Superceleron that has the updated libs and APKs...

thanx for the reply but the latest librtmp was released on 08/02/2015... so i dont think there will be something about it on Supercelerons thread...
but i'll try to find it anyway

cheers
(2015-02-10, 23:15)Mabs Wrote: [ -> ]MMeirolas, if you read a few posts back you can see a MediaFire folder from Superceleron that has the updated libs and APKs...

Nop, tried with ndk 10d same thing... the error that gives me its from a old openssl build... weird..
MMeirolas, see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_librtmp

You just need to know where is the file and then overwrite with superceleron's version.
Don't understand what you say about packages, libgnutls and the other stuff...

Superceleron, I asked koying in his SPMC thread for a hint. Lets hope he sees it.
(2015-02-11, 01:02)Mabs Wrote: [ -> ]MMeirolas, see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_librtmp

You just need to know where is the file and then overwrite with superceleron's version.
Don't understand what you say about packages, libgnutls and the other stuff...

Superceleron, I asked koying in his SPMC thread for a hint. Lets hope he sees it.

ok, i'll check it tomorrow.
i just hope we're both talking about librtmp.so.0 for linux Smile

cheers
If anyone is having problems with OpenELEC and librtmp, the library version has changed with OpenELEC 5.0.1. I've updated the installation instructions (revised step #1).

Edit: Nope, forget it. The librtmp library updates discussed in this thread are simply no longer compatible with OpenELEC, now that OpenELEC has switched from libssl to libressl. I documented the problems with libssl back in Aug/Sep of last year, and these problems remain with current librtmp.so builds, at least when using this build and also this build.

librtmp.so.1 needs to be linked against libressl or statically linked with libssl to be usable on OpenELEC.

Edit2: Anyone using my latest OpenELEC Raspberry Pi test build (based on Kodi 15) should disable the library hack as the built-in librtmp includes the very latest KSV patches.
Thanks for the above info !!!
(2015-02-11, 04:11)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is having problems with OpenELEC and librtmp, the library version has changed with OpenELEC 5.0.1. I've updated the installation instructions (revised step #1).

Edit: Nope, forget it. The librtmp library updates discussed in this thread are simply no longer compatible with OpenELEC, now that OpenELEC has switched from libssl to libressl. I documented the problems with libssl back in Aug/Sep of last year, and these problems remain with current librtmp.so builds, at least when using this build and also this build.

librtmp.so.1 needs to be linked against libressl or statically linked with libssl to be usable on OpenELEC.

Edit2: Anyone using my latest OpenELEC Raspberry Pi test build (based on Kodi 15) should disable the library hack as the built-in librtmp includes the very latest KSV patches.

Nice... Smile i dint have a Pi to test it so i dint build a statically linked lib, only tested with openelec x64 Smile so i did know the libs for linux statically linked was ok, i was going to get a Pi today for building a statically linked lib for it... i glad wont need it anymore.
Keep the good work.
Hello and sorry guys.
I was reading backwards on the forum but I can't find a librtmp file for OS X.
Could someone tell me where can I find last version?
(2015-02-11, 20:00)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and sorry guys.
I was reading backwards on the forum but I can't find a librtmp file for OS X.
Could someone tell me where can I find last version?

you cant... nobody build it for OS X... iOS...
(2015-02-11, 04:11)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Edit2: Anyone using my latest OpenELEC Raspberry Pi test build (based on Kodi 15) should disable the library hack as the built-in librtmp includes the very latest KSV patches.

thanks Milhouse. I installed you latest build for Rasp 2.

to disable the hack: it is just running the command

mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync

?

Upadte1: i did the mv command and now more streams are working! thanks!
RedPenguin, Can you build new for RsPi with support for p3g etc.
I hate to repeat myself, but....

Can anyone provide a link to the latest macos librtmp? The repo on http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_librtmp seems to have nothing for macos for the latest patches. I'm using yosemite and would like the latest patches if possible.

If there's nothing precompiled I'd really appreciate if someone could compile it for me.

Please.
(2015-02-11, 14:52)superceleron Wrote: [ -> ]Nice... Smile i dint have a Pi to test it so i dint build a statically linked lib, only tested with openelec x64 Smile so i did know the libs for linux statically linked was ok, i was going to get a Pi today for building a statically linked lib for it... i glad wont need it anymore.
Keep the good work.

I'm not sure if this means you have no plans for future OpenELEC compatible librtmp builds - my test builds are fine if you're into testing (and running a Pi), but separate librtmp.so.1 builds would be handy for users that want to remain on the official stock OpenELEC builds.