Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1920x1080i available in Windows but not in OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running XBMC 12.0 on Mac Mini 2012 OS 10.8.3 to an old TV and under System / Video Output / Display there is a 1920x1080p option but not a 1920x1080i option.

My OS X System Display Preferences are set to 1080i / 60 Hertz (NTSC) but when I launch XBMC they switch to 1080p which causes my old TV screen to go blank. I then have to use Apple Screen Sharing from another Mac to set my Mini's Display Preferences back from 1080p to 1080i, which brings back the display on the Mini, even though XBMC still lists the Video Output / Display as 1920x1080p.

Is there a way to include 1920x1080i as an option? 1920x1080i is an option when I Boot Camp into Windows 7 and run XBMC 12.1 there.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Why does your screen claim to support 1080p when it doesn't? Thats a problem of wrong HDMI ECID entries for your screen then. We have deactivated the interlaced modes on OSX for a reason iirc. (can't remember the reason though - but there is one ...)
(2013-04-15, 15:07)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Why does your screen claim to support 1080p when it doesn't? Thats a problem of wrong HDMI ECID entries for your screen then. We have deactivated the interlaced modes on OSX for a reason iirc. (can't remember the reason though - but there is one ...)

The TV's component input is connected to the Mac's HDMI output via an HDFury2 adapter.
You really wanna hear my opinion about this setup? ^^
(2013-04-15, 23:07)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You really wanna hear my opinion about this setup? ^^

Fire away.
I'm not 100% clear on the protocol here for digging up old threads vs starting my own (and if 3 months is considered "old", so apologies if I should have started a new thread...)

Regardless, I have the same problem, but with a different setup. For whatever reason, when I go from my Mac Mini to my receiver to my TV in 1080p via DVI/HDMI, the picture is offset/shifted by approx 100 pixels to the left (not just in xbmc, but for everything. 1080i is spot on - as is 1080p directly to the TV. I do not have this problem with other peripherals at 1080p.)

This is "good enough" for my kids, but it's annoying to me. So, I'm either stuck using an older version of xbmc (which is a pain as several plugins etc just don't work right) or I have to alt-tab out of xbmc to change the resolution and then go back in to get it to work right after every start up.

I've tried using SwitchResX to map 1080p to 1080i to no avail.

Is there any hope of the interlaced option coming back?

Detailed setup:

Mac Mini 2.0 GHz C2D (Mid-2007 - MB139LL/A), 2GB RAM. GMA 950. OS X 10.7
Pioneer SC-35
Panasonic TC-P54S1
Try

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x-i386.dmg

Report back please - there are 2 New settings (Allow Interlaced and Allow unsafe)

You might Need to Tick Both to See the Interlaced resolutions in the List.

Unsafe means "not safe for hardware" - use at your own Risk...
(2013-07-12, 10:00)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Unsafe means "not safe for hardware" - use at your own Risk...

Might as well add this in the setting descriptions Smile
Will do After its verified working
ring ring ... seems to be a very important thing when the initiator doesn't even try the provided testbuild ...