Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adjust display refresh rate to match video causes overscan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

If I enable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" xbmc switches from 60hz to 50hz when watching live tv. This causes overscan to occur at my TV. If I disable this I get a perfect picture with 1:1 pixel matching at 60hz but I get sync problems on the video that looks like stuttering.

Is there some way to get pixel matching and adjust the refresh rate at the same time?

I'm running xbmc on ubuntu minimal on a nvidia ion platform.
it's likely your tv. find the setting on the tv. alternatively you can calibrate in xbmc but this causes scaling.
Hmm, on my TV (LG 47LH3000) pixel mapping is enabled if I set the label on the HDMI input to PC. This only seems to work for 60hz mode though...
Try the different formats you find in Q.Menu of your tv.
Ok, I'll try that. I read that there is an option call "just scan" that might fix the issue. But I thought that this would just be that the tv will downscale the picture recieved from the computer. This might not be the case?
it means any processing in your tv is disabled - just what you want.
If I set the label of the hdmi input source on the TV to PC then the picture is perfect and smooth in 1920x1080 @60hz resolution. All I can choose from in the Q.Menu os 16:9 or 4:3. If I remove the PC label of the input I can choose just scan and the verscan issues is gone but the picture is not as smooth as with the PC mode turned on and running at 60hz. It's almost like anti alias on/off but for all graphics.

I also noticed that when I set the input to PC mode the resolution is recognized as 1920x1080 @60hz by the tv and when I turn the PC mode of the resolution is reported as 1080p.

The PC mode and xbmc @60 hz produces the best picture.
Most likely because in PC mode that 200Hz MotionPlus, TruMotion, you name it crap is not active. You should be able to deactivate it somewhere in the tv settings.
There is something like 100hx true motion (I forgot what it was called, i'm not at home) but disabling that didn't make any difference.
I have a couple of LG TVs and use Just Scan because I never get any overscan when I do. I have not tried to do anything else but you guys have hit my experimentation button. If I find anything useful I will report back.
Just scan on lg tv. And turn off all the crappy processing stuff (true motion, contrast enhancer and what they all are called). Anyone saying something else is blind. :p
When I enable just scan I get no overscan but the picture quality is not as great as when I have 192x1080 @60hx and pc mode enabled on the tv.
You probably have some other ' optimisation' still enabled for that input.
Ok, I'll have to test again.
Maybe you have a similar issue to what I have, as raised on the OE forum?
http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/6352...ay-problem
Pages: 1 2