Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: After large system update, XBMC using 100% CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated a bunch of packages on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Mac Mini to get up to date and now XBMC 12.1 (and only XBMC) is using nearly 100% of my CPU in idle. I've enabled debug (log here), but I don't see much activity while the system is sitting idle. It's quite repeatable and keeps happening across a few reboots. I've tried creating new profiles, switching between skins, and moving my entire .xbmc directory out of the way to force it to create a new one. I've also tried the nightly builds and they're behaving the same way (I've since reverted back to 12.1). I've removed and reinstalled XBMC without any change. I ran an strace on the XBMC PID for fun, but it just appears to be sitting in an event loop from a system call perspective (log here).

Is there anything else that I can do to try to track this down? I have a list of all of the packages that were updated before this started happening, but it was quite a few and I'm not sure what to look for.

I usually avoid doing gratuitous OS upgrades on my HTPC because of this sort of thing, but I hoped that an LTS release would make it safer overall.

EDIT: Ah, problem solved by re-installing the NVidia drivers (up to v310.44 now). Luckily it was an easy fix. I'll leave this post up in case someone else sees this issue.
Try enabling dirty regions rendering, see what happens...