Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: duplicate library entries due to year in episode title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way I can configure XBMC to properly handle these episode titles:

revolution.2012.106.hdtv-lol.mp4
dallas.2012.206.hdtv-lol.mp4
(doctor.who.2005.s07e08.cold.war.hdtv.x264-tla.mp4)

Frodo 12.1 creates two entries in the library for each episode.
One of each is correct, the other is the result from the year.

Revolution gets filed under S20E12 and S01E06, Dallas will show up as S20E12 and S02E06( and Doctor Who will be listed as S20E05 and S07E08).

Thoughts?
Hmm, I can't see how you'd get this - a single title gets enumerated only once unless the multi-episode regexp hits, which it doesn't appear it will.

Assuming, ofcourse, you don't have a .nfo file or something? If you do, it'll be fixed in 12.2 I think - try one of the 12.2PRE builds - obviously you'll need to refresh these shows.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I use sickbeard to post-process the downloads and it is set to create xbmc metadata for the tvshow and the episode.

In my previous post I mentioned that I was running Frodo 12.1, this is true for my client (ATV2), but the server is a homebrewed headless xbmc and still on 12.0
Starting XBMC (12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-29-generic x86_64). Built on Feb 11 2013.

I will enable debug on that machine and try upgrading it to 12.2PRE.
I don't think the fix jmarshall is thinking of has any connection to this, sadly.

The first thing to realize is your file naming sucks... Just wanted to get that out of the way first. Wink

What's happening is, because you're using "106" to denote the season and episode number, the "2013" is also being interpreted as season 20 episode 13. Or rather, because the file doesn't contain any other patterns (which almost all get checked for before the XYY pattern), the 2013 is picked up, and then the actual episode number is added as a multi-part match. (However, this doesn't explain your third example, which shouldn't happen for a variety of reasons).

Anyway, XBMC interprets your file as containing two episodes, the s20e13 one and the s01e06 one. If you weren't using .nfo files, you probably wouldn't notice because there would likely be no actual season 20 episode 13 for the series, and it would just be ignored.

But because you do have an .nfo file, XBMC will check each episodedetails block in it (because it might contain multiple) and try to match up the episode number from the file to know which one to use. If it doesn't find a match (as it won't for s20e13), because there is actually only one episodedetails block, it will just use that one regardless, and override the episode numbers with the ones from the file. The correct episode will then also be checked, and presumably match up to the episode number as it should, so the details get used for it also.

End result: Two entries with the same details but different episode numbers.

(But this doesn't explain the third file (using s07e08).)
You are absolutely right. The third example is wrong. I just checked and it was listed only once.

Doctor Who (2005) could have been a problem, but the filenames have less sucky naming and contain: s07e08, 7x02 etc.

I understand my file naming is horrible, but that's because I simply don't (or didn't) care and don't look at the files on the filesystem, because there is no need. XBMC handles this perfectly.
And I prefer original filenames for snatching subtitles.
Well, a quick search for subtitles seems to work better for the correct name "Dallas.2012.S01E06.HDTV.x264-LOL" than your name...
And if I recall correctly LOL always used that naming standard on their releases, at least they did on the old xvid days.
Just a short note: The reason it's detected as multiple episodes, even though the multiple episode regexp doesn't actually fit is because we re-run the same regexp on the file in addition to the multiple-episode regexp.

This is why "2012.106" detects both s20e13 and s1e06.
You cant use periods as delimiters when numbers and seasons on both date and episode name are close together because they will get intrepreted as jmarshall says..

ok would be

revolution.(2012)_106.hdtv-lol.mp4
dallas.(2012)_206.hdtv-lol.mp4
(doctor.who.(2005)_s07e08.cold.war.hdtv.x264-tla.mp4)

Though this is a date_season_episode confusion a example exists for similar error and how to avoid it in wiki Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Split-episode (wiki) (see note) which refers to season_episode_tittle where numbers are part of either and result in similar errors.

uNi
(2013-04-15, 22:04)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]Well, a quick search for subtitles seems to work better for the correct name "Dallas.2012.S01E06.HDTV.x264-LOL" than your name...
And if I recall correctly LOL always used that naming standard on their releases, at least they did on the old xvid days.

The problem might be the filenaming of the actual files:
dallas.2012.212.hdtv-lol.nfo
dallas.2012.213.hdtv-lol.nfo
revolution.2012.113.hdtv-lol.nfo

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I can get this sorted without any changes to XBMC.
Isnt that what everyone said? Yes it is.

uNi
Yes, it is. I was quoting kaffekask who stated that LOL uses the naming standard on their releases. Which is true, but not for the actual files (both *.rar and *mp4).

I got around the issue by using sickbeard's renaming and setting it to rename into %RN (which is the release name), this results in i.e.:

Dallas.2012.S02E13.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4

Very nice. Big Grin
(2013-04-16, 09:09)RudolfR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-15, 22:04)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]Well, a quick search for subtitles seems to work better for the correct name "Dallas.2012.S01E06.HDTV.x264-LOL" than your name...

The problem might be the filenaming of the actual files:
dallas.2012.212.hdtv-lol.nfo
dallas.2012.213.hdtv-lol.nfo
revolution.2012.113.hdtv-lol.nfo

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I can get this sorted without any changes to XBMC.

Yes, but they are not the only group naming the nfo files that way, but that shouldn't raise any problems with the actual video file.
No need for nfo files a filename clean-up does the job better and its leaner too.

uNi
i have had this problem for a long time, i also get it with movies but with tv shows a get double, triple & quadruple episodes listed. All my shows have been renamed in the format below and all have a nfo file.
(without the nfo files my library takes 6-18 hour to download from the internet)

[tv show] - 1x01 - [episode title]. avi]

the series folders also contain to following files, which i believe sickbeard has added

series.xml
season 1 / metadata / [tv show] - 1x01 - [episode title].xml

it is a problem as it slows down the library. XBMC says that i currently have 84183 episodes and 6809 movies.