Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Okay, what I found out so far: When I switch off the Ouya so that it could be switch on again by the pad, noise instead of sound occurs.
But if I switch the Ouya off the hard way, which means by pressing the Off-Button manually, than the 5.1 sound works fine but witch some minor time to time audio drop outs.

But, the video is realy a problem.
With most sources the video image is not recognizable, for the rest it stutters.
So it is unwatchable.
Has also anybody else experiencd the same problems with the video quality?
(2013-07-03, 20:52)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-03, 20:49)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]Same here...

The only thing that helps s plugging the hdmi from my Ouya out and in again. Switchingreceiver channel or turn receiver off and on don't work at all :-(

Have you tried switching to another HDMI source? Please wait also a few seconds before switching back to your ouya HDMI input.

I'll try this later...
You mean switch on my DTS Receiver NOT on my SamsungTV?
(2013-07-04, 10:27)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try this later...

Indeed. Not on your TV.
Hi..

I've been looking at discussion, and I unplugged the HDMI from my Ouya to my Onkyo DTS receiver and plugged it back in with the same results, i.e. that the DTS audio stream gets recognized (with the DTS light going on).

You were wondering if turning the receiver off and then back on also works. At least on my Onkyo receiver it does appear to work just as well as unplugging the HDMI! That's a fairly easy workaround if it works for everyone...

This is a relief, though... there only seems to be a small problem with the passthrough if it can work this easily.
(2013-07-04, 13:52)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed. Not on your TV.

Okay I checked it... :-(

On my Yamaha RX-V473 receiver nothing works. Only if I pull off the hdmi cable from my Ouya and turn it in again I get DTS / AC3 sound. But if I pause the movie the problem is back :-(
(2013-07-04, 23:56)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-04, 13:52)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed. Not on your TV.

Okay I checked it... :-(

On my Yamaha RX-V473 receiver nothing works. Only if I pull off the hdmi cable from my Ouya and turn it in again I get DTS / AC3 sound. But if I pause the movie the problem is back :-(

That's not necessary. Just turn the Ouya off and on again.
Not stand by mode, physical off and on, then the 5.1 sound will work.
(2013-07-04, 23:56)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I checked it... :-(

I have the Yamaha RX-V673 receiver. Here's how I got it to work.

My setup:

Receiver inputs (HDMI)
Ouya
Cable box
Bluray

Receiver output
Single HDMI on the ARC input of a Panasonic plasma.

I have HDMI CEC enabled for the TV and receiver.

SETUP
Using XBMC Alpha 1
XBMC settings
- HDMI / 5.1
Following options checked
- AC3
- DTS
- AAC
- TrueHD
- DTS-HD

HOW TO GET AC3 / DTS TO WORK
1. Start playing a movie (should hear static or clicking)
2. Turn OFF power to the receiver
3. Wait until the picture re-appears on the TV, with the receiver still OFF
4. Turn ON power to the receiver
5. Enjoy DTS / AC3

ISSUES
Simply changing HDMI inputs on my receiver did not trigger proper decoding. Receiver power needed to be cycled.
DTS-HD will not decode under any circumstance.
Need to set your audio track to DTS or AC3 before switching power.
XBMC will extract the DTS core from DTS-HD and pass it through.
(2013-07-05, 07:22)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC will extract the DTS core from DTS-HD and pass it through.

It is planned to passthrough the DTS-HD bistream one day?
Or is the Ouya limited in terms of hardware?

I thought with HDMI 1.4 the bandwidth for HD-Audio is sufficent?
The ouya needs to support dts-hd passthrough too.
Just an fyi, I've actually had 100% success passing through DD 5.1 and DTS streams. I don't have a capable DTS-HD receiver to test.

I didn't realise it was an issue for others, basically the only point of difference between my setup and most peoples is that i'm using a hdmi switcher with sdpif/coax splitter.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AC1625

The digital coax output is going straight into a set of logitech z5500s, which is picking up the relevant DD/DTS.

Cheers,
Adam
(2013-07-06, 02:36)_Certo_ Wrote: [ -> ]The digital coax output is going straight into a set of logitech z5500s, which is picking up the relevant DD/DTS.

Cheers,
Adam
Do you love your Logitech Z5500s as much as I do?
(2013-07-06, 03:09)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Do you love your Logitech Z5500s as much as I do?

Yeah, love them. We've got a set of z680s as well; for the price they were both a steal.
I read a review of the Z5500s in which the reviewer said his stone deaf neighbour complained after he tested them! That seemed like a pretty good system to me for the price.
(2013-07-05, 01:32)Alchete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-04, 23:56)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I checked it... :-(

I have the Yamaha RX-V673 receiver. Here's how I got it to work.

My setup:

Receiver inputs (HDMI)
Ouya
Cable box
Bluray

Receiver output
Single HDMI on the ARC input of a Panasonic plasma.

I have HDMI CEC enabled for the TV and receiver.

SETUP
Using XBMC Alpha 1
XBMC settings
- HDMI / 5.1
Following options checked
- AC3
- DTS
- AAC
- TrueHD
- DTS-HD

HOW TO GET AC3 / DTS TO WORK
1. Start playing a movie (should hear static or clicking)
2. Turn OFF power to the receiver
3. Wait until the picture re-appears on the TV, with the receiver still OFF
4. Turn ON power to the receiver
5. Enjoy DTS / AC3

ISSUES
Simply changing HDMI inputs on my receiver did not trigger proper decoding. Receiver power needed to be cycled.
DTS-HD will not decode under any circumstance.
Need to set your audio track to DTS or AC3 before switching power.
I am not full understanding this. My Ouya is connected to my Bose v25 HTS via HDMI. When I turn the Bose off I no longer get any picture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9