Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shift subtitle for 2.35 CIH Viewing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way for XBMC to shift the subtitle location up into the picture for 2.35:1 movies when using a Constant Image Height setup? I am planning my theater now and as my only media source is XBMC I would love for this to be an option.

Thanks
From XBMC's home screen:

Settings -> System -> Video output -> Video calibration

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...alibration...
That appears to shift the image, I am talking about rendering the subtitles in a different location. In 2.35:1 movies the subtitles are in the black bar below the image, if I vertically stretch the image and use a lens or zoom it I will lose the information in the black bars. I am looking to see if I can tell XBMC to render the subtitles in a different location (ie - in the 2.35:1 window)
Cycle through the options, there are three: Screen corners, aspect ratio, and subtitle position.
See Subtitles#Additional_settings (wiki) subtitles location and set something else.

uNi
I edited the calibration screen and cycled through all the different subtitle positions yet nothing changes. I am using MKV files with internal subtitles from blu ray rips. Kodi 15.2

Is this still a bug or am I doing something wrong?