Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom home screen menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I erased my old Git so I could have a clean copy of the master to patch and do requests against.
The custom menu commit is at My branch.
wow.. that is brilliant... Thanks ever so much and I can now move to Gotham!! Smile

I cannot change themes and they are "greyed" out, did I do something wrong? I just downloaded from your git page and deleted the old Metropolis theme and copied yours over.

Cheers
Mark
Yep, in Gotham the themes go into /media not /themes (who knows why). It also likes to forget which theme you had selected when switching between different skins. Just drop the .xbts from one folder into the other.
hmm I copied the themes into /media and it still doesn't recognize them. I don't have any .xbts
Sorry for sounding dumb! Smile
The git has the raw themes and media (not in xbt form), it's not really meant to run as a skin in that form (the majority of the art will still work fine). Themes are different, they seem like they MUST be in xbt format. I would try finding the old theme .xbt files (from an old Metropolis version) and moving them into /media.

You could download the xbt compressor and create scripts to "build" the xbts from the source files, but that isn't really all that simple for me to explain.
explained perfectly and now works perfectly. Thank you so much.
No problem, enjoy.

Remember that you can make ANYTHING a favorite (TAGs, folders, files, playlists, multi-source bookmarks), and then set that favorite as a custom home menu shortcut.

Example: Every time I try to scrape my music video folders, XBMC crashes (I'm sure it's my files, not XBMC per se), so I hide the normal library-based "Music Videos" home shortcut, and then create a new custom home shortcut named "Music Videos" and point it to a favorite that points to a source I have that points to two folders on my NAS. (basically a file-based shortcut to a merge of the two music video folders)
Nice mod MacGyver. Your mod was the final straw that made me upgrade to Gotham.

I do miss the ability to add submenus to user-defined menu items though.

FFY
Then you might like: Added 5 custom submenus to each of the 4 custom main menu objects from my personal version.

Remember no support is offered, and non of my personal branch is official.

FYI: To add a favorite that points to "File Manager", manually edit the favorites.xml file and add:
Code:
    <favourite name="File Manager" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10003)</favourite>
Nice one. Thanks.

FFY
That's fantastic, thanks MacGyver. Have you looked at changing the list order eg. inserting custom item above Pictures? I assume this would be to do with the xml id tags?
(2014-03-13, 16:50)MacGyver Wrote: [ -> ]I erased my old Git so I could have a clean copy of the master to patch and do requests against.
The custom menu commit is at My branch.

I really want to use this custom menu option, but I'm running a Minix android box. I don't seem to have permission to edit the skin files. Is there a way to download this modification within XBMC? Metropolis is probably the most professional looking skin on Android, so I prefer to use it. It's just a little lacking on homescreen options though.
MacGyver's modifications will be in the next official release, if you can hold off for a bit.
Can I suggest you use the excellent skin shortcuts script?
Eventually, definitely. Initial release might be mostly as-is though until I can find more time to spend on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4