Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC launch Vudu web page in full screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just recently ditched my Boxee box for XBMC and we are loving it. The only thing remaining for me to streamline a little bit is integrating Vudu into XBMC. We used to use the app on the Boxee box and it worked great. This weekend we used Vudu through the browser on my HTPC and it worked fine but I'd like a little more streamlined experience.

It seems that my only hope is to use Advanced Launcher to launch the browser and I think I've read in the Wiki how to make this happen (still need to play it to be certain) but my questions are:

1. Can I force it to launch the browser in full screen mode so that it looks more like an app instead of a browswer window?
  2. Is there ANY way to use the remote to browse and select a movie through the browser? I'm thinking I'm just out of luck here.
  3. Does anyone have a better idea for how to integrate Vudu into my XBMC setup?
I am interested in this also - any update?
(2013-04-16, 18:55)turnerm Wrote: [ -> ]I've just recently ditched my Boxee box for XBMC and we are loving it. The only thing remaining for me to streamline a little bit is integrating Vudu into XBMC. We used to use the app on the Boxee box and it worked great. This weekend we used Vudu through the browser on my HTPC and it worked fine but I'd like a little more streamlined experience.

It seems that my only hope is to use Advanced Launcher to launch the browser and I think I've read in the Wiki how to make this happen (still need to play it to be certain) but my questions are:

1. Can I force it to launch the browser in full screen mode so that it looks more like an app instead of a browswer window?
  2. Is there ANY way to use the remote to browse and select a movie through the browser? I'm thinking I'm just out of luck here.

1) Most browsers have an argument to launch them in a fullscreen/kiosk mode. Which browser are you using?
2) I'm not sure, The VUDU website does have their IR codes listed (http://www.vudu.com/docs/VUDU_IR_Codes.txt). You could put a few of them in your remote and try them.
3) I got nothing.

Mitch
(2013-06-26, 04:04)USCMitch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-16, 18:55)turnerm Wrote: [ -> ]I've just recently ditched my Boxee box for XBMC and we are loving it. The only thing remaining for me to streamline a little bit is integrating Vudu into XBMC. We used to use the app on the Boxee box and it worked great. This weekend we used Vudu through the browser on my HTPC and it worked fine but I'd like a little more streamlined experience.

1) Most browsers have an argument to launch them in a fullscreen/kiosk mode. Which browser are you using?
2) I'm not sure, The VUDU website does have their IR codes listed (http://www.vudu.com/docs/VUDU_IR_Codes.txt). You could put a few of them in your remote and try them.
3) I got nothing.

Mitch

Thanks. The IR codes were for their original Vudu box I believe.

I just ended up ditching Vudu and put an Apple TV in my cabinet.
If someone could just build an html 5 app of vudu that would be great. in my case vudu does not store my username and password as well.