Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live OTA TV w/Tuner Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has probably been asked a billion times..upon searching I find a myriad of weird info and I am not sure what the actual answer is.

I don't want any live streaming internet TV or PVR functions, all I want is OTA TV, through my attic antenna that is hooked to my AverMedia TV Tuner in my HTPC. I know WMC does this flawlessly...and I know I can set XBMC to launch WMC but I am trying to find out for certain or not if XBMC can do what I am looking for.

Thanks, much appreciated.
I take it your on windows?

I am on xbmcbuntu and am using an older stable build of TVHeadEnd. My basic OTA setup works fine for now. All the digital channels come in and I have no issues.

However I do want PVR functions once TVHeadend is a little further along as I have bought 2x tuners just for this.
TVGuide
I'm not sure how well it will work with your hardware(I use a HDHomerun), it's just live tv with a guide though(w/optional IPTV streams). You'll need to find a source for the xml file depending on where you live. If you're in the US, I also have basic OTA and I used zap2xml(had channel lineup conflicts with other xml creators).
My Live TV works great with Media Center but I could never get it functioning in XBMC..and I don't need any PVR function just the guide and chans
I've setup TV Guide..but the problem is it just asks me for stream and there are none listed?

The guide and XMLTV works fine..but how do I play the channel?
(2013-05-21, 23:11)NewYears1978 Wrote: [ -> ]I've setup TV Guide..but the problem is it just asks me for stream and there are none listed?

The guide and XMLTV works fine..but how do I play the channel?
Ask in the TV Guide thread...