Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: After Watch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2016-04-13, 19:43)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't looked at any of the new code yet but figured it had to do with the changes for the file clean up. I'll just be careful for now and not use any current versions of afterwatch to remove duplicate recordings unless I'm sure they're really duplicates. For some reason MCEbuddy has been renaming/scraping many series recordings without proper/complete guide data as S01 E01 so I won't use afterwatch on those either if there's more than one file.

I end up with (1) on second duplicate (2) on third, etc because I have MCEbuddy set up to not over right files so the first file doesn't have (X) at the end. So in case that I discovered the issue on a split recording the first part didn't have a (X) at the end.

Oh, I'm also glad you added that delay to afterwatch, that actually helped with an issue that just popped up on my Shield TV with the original modified(by me) afterwatch were the highlight for yes/no on confirmation would jump back the episode screen immediately after it popped up. Not sure why it started doing that all of a sudden and only on that one device, but that's the reason I decided to finally update to your new version.

I've changed the code, so files ending on (1) etc will not be matched if not being played. You can get the new version from here:
https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenb...rwatch.zip

I'm still in the process of creating a repository for Kodi, which is why the download URL is different. Not much experience with Github, so migrating the previous project failed (kind a frustrating to work with). So from now on I'll use https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenbroek-kodi-repo/ to publish updates and hopefully somewhere in the near future, I can provide a repository add-on to automatically update new releases.
(2016-04-14, 02:41)TheFatherMind Wrote: [ -> ]How come there is a different version in the repository that will not install?

The original developer is no longer maintaining this module, which is why his old repository doesn't work. When I'm ready (figured out things), I'll provide my own repository which will auto update new versions. For now, please download releases published in this thread. I think there won't be much updates anyway from now on, unless there are some nasty bugs to fix.
New release 0.9.7
0.9.7 (2016-04-14):
* Do not remove duplicate copies when filename ends with (0-9)

0.9.6 (2016-03-17):
* Always use alternate method if source or destination is a SMB/NFS path (alternate method may be
deleted in some future version)

Download here: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenb...rwatch.zip

As always, let me know if there are any issues (including a debug log helps a lot). Thanks!
(2016-04-14, 17:29)jvandenbroek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-14, 02:41)TheFatherMind Wrote: [ -> ]How come there is a different version in the repository that will not install?

The original developer is no longer maintaining this module, which is why his old repository doesn't work. When I'm ready (figured out things), I'll provide my own repository which will auto update new versions. For now, please download releases published in this thread. I think there won't be much updates anyway from now on, unless there are some nasty bugs to fix.
It's pretty confusing as people, like myself, see the first post and try to use the repo posted.

I suggest opening a new thread you own and calling this After Watch r2 or something. And then post the code to Kodi main repo so people can easily get and use Wink
I am unable to delete. I get an error removing file smb.
https://goo.gl/photos/jHFeuXkuyqLHyZJbA
(2016-04-15, 01:08)Hedonist Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to delete. I get an error removing file smb.
https://goo.gl/photos/jHFeuXkuyqLHyZJbA
That error is most likely due no permissions to delete the file from Kodi. Unfortunately no error codes are reported when performing actions on smb files, but I can't think of any other cause. Make sure the smb user has all the rights and not just read only. Or is it possible to manually remove the file from the Kodi context menu?

Sent from my SM-N9005 with Tapatalk
You were correct. Another application had a lock on the file. I couldn't even remove from the Kodi context menu.

Sonarr creates a "Hardlink" to the video file when importing videos from my torrent client. This helps to save space because Sonarr doesn't have to make a copy of the file on move/rename. However, the torrent client still has a lock on the file as it is still seeding. The only way to remove that lock is to kill the seeding torrent or have Sonarr create a complete copy of the file instead of the Hardlink.
I've been having problems with something keeping files open at times so they can't be deleted which only started happening not long after the 0.9.7 release.

I haven't figured out what exactly or even which device is doing it, it was initially only the main video file but the last 2 times it was another file (I caught that it was a .jpg the last time).

Afterwatch itself has been working great after the updates once I got the delays set high enough.
This plugin doesn't work for me... I've tried a few times afraid a few kodi versions, all on FTV.
Under Configure / Properties all the options are Grey and I cannot navigate to make any changes. The other menus in the plug in working fine.

A bug or?
(2016-06-04, 07:14)Livin Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin doesn't work for me... I've tried a few times afraid a few kodi versions, all on FTV.
Under Configure / Properties all the options are Grey and I cannot navigate to make any changes. The other menus in the plug in working fine.

A bug or?
I think it's not very clear and I should have mentioned this, but these options are only available if the option 'Remove video from library' isn't enabled under Advanced. These actions are all on the library, so there is no sense in enabling when you remove the video from it.

Are there any other things not working for you?
Afterwatch only kicking in for recently added shows(shows picked up by watchdog after initial data base setup) .

This isn't the first time I've seen this, but after rebuilding data base it was OK. This time I've rebuild the data base a few times since it popped up and it's not working on older shows.

Anyone got any ideas on why and what to try to correct this?
First of all, great plugin. Unfortunately I have an issue when deleting movies that also contain extra folders like extrafanart and extra thumbs. Whenever the movie directory contains these folders, nothing is deleted, not even the movie file itself.
I have set the folder structure to lib/title/files.* and use the alternate file management method since the files are on a smb share.

Anything I can do except delete all the folders manually and disable the artwork downloader?
(2016-12-14, 23:26)thesystem Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, great plugin. Unfortunately I have an issue when deleting movies that also contain extra folders like extrafanart and extra thumbs. Whenever the movie directory contains these folders, nothing is deleted, not even the movie file itself.
I have set the folder structure to lib/title/files.* and use the alternate file management method since the files are on a smb share.

Anything I can do except delete all the folders manually and disable the artwork downloader?
Do the extrafanart and thumbs folders contain any subfolders? It should delete folders+files one level deep on a movie folder when using smb shares, which in most cases should be enough. Maybe you can post a log with debug enabled?
(2016-11-14, 20:50)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]Afterwatch only kicking in for recently added shows(shows picked up by watchdog after initial data base setup) .

This isn't the first time I've seen this, but after rebuilding data base it was OK. This time I've rebuild the data base a few times since it popped up and it's not working on older shows.

Anyone got any ideas on why and what to try to correct this?

I think the watchdog keeps them locked somehow, a debug log would possibly help to figure out why it's not working for you.
I just wanted to pop in to say that I upgraded to Kodi 17 on my Windows 8 x64 HTPC and After Watch still works great! Thanks again for maintaining this essential add-on!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25