Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: After Watch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Have you been able to find anything?
Sometimes it asks to delete and sometimes it doesn't.
I can't find a pattern.

thanks
I just updated to Kodi 18.0 and like others I've found that after watch doesn't seem to work at all 18.

I figured out that on Kodi 17 the hand full of times that after watch didn't work it was related to something with the data base. For example, recently there was an windows update that made so things couldn't access shares on my server and this some how caused watchdog to start removing shows from the data base I closed the Kodi that monitors the shows and maintains the data base before all the shows were gone. After figuring out that an update had caused the issues and getting everything back up and running I found that all the shows that were re-added after watch would ask to delete but the ones that got left on the data base while it couldn't access the shares after watch wouldn't work.

I was thinking maybe the data base update from the updated may have caused something similar to above but after watch also didn't work for the newly added shows since the update. One thing I did notice is after I'm done watching a show it didn't show it as watched in the library (it looks like this has gotten even worse than 17 that at least updated the watch watch status at the episode level for the just watched) and maybe this has something to do with after watch not getting triggered. I tried setting after watch's assume as watched to 0% but that didn't help. I had another thought that maybe after watch didn't even know something was playing because I notice that when I start playing a show on 18 that OSD never popped up for 6 sec as it's set to, well at least not until when I tested the 0% (and 1 time after) so I'm not sure why the skin is having problems picking up that a show started to play but maybe what ever is going on with this is also causing issues for after watch.
I can confirm too that this plug-in stopped working in Kodi 18. Hope that this can be fixed
I've just released a new version which should fix issues on Kodi 18 Leia (at least for me). This also has better debug handling, so hopefully debug reports provide better insight in what's going wrong. Since I've changed a few routines as well, some of your reported issues might be fixed as well. Please all test this release and let me know if there are still issues, which can be reported by posting the log with debug option enabled.

It might be necessary to update the repository (see link below) if you've had installed it before and it's still on version 1.0.0. If you already have repository version 1.0.1, all should be fine and After Watch gets updated automatically. If in doubt, you can always just reinstall the repository zip to make sure it's up-to-date.

Current release notes
1.0.4 (2019-02-07):
* Assume watched after xx percent is working again
* Retry getting player info on playback start

1.0.3 (2019-02-06):
* Fixed bug with processing movies caused by previous update

1.0.2 (2019-02-05):
* Implemented debug class providing better in-depth debugging
* Catch division error or other exceptions on playback stop (noticed on Leia)
* Turn off display on Linux supported when CEC available and cec-client installed
* Option to auto close confirmation dialogs after set period
* Other small fixes

Previous release notes
1.0.1 (2018-11-01):
* Follow symlink when deleting files

Latest repository (recommended way of updating): https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenb...-1.0.1.zip
Direct add-on download: https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenb...-1.0.4.zip
It seems to work with my Episodes but not with my Movies. I ve enabled debug and i get this message:

'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute 'split'

Any idea why?
(2019-02-07, 00:09)Haris1977 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to work with my Episodes but not with my Movies. I ve enabled debug and i get this message:

'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute 'split'

Any idea why?

Thanks for reporting! Have fixed it and pushed a new version.
Updated direct download link in post above, or just get it through the repository (doing a force update on repo should work).
Yes. It seems to work now. But the “Assume as watched” option seems that doesnt work anymore (i always get the delete notification no matter the lenght of the movie/episode i ve seen).
(2019-02-07, 00:48)Haris1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It seems to work now. But the “Assume as watched” option seems that doesnt work anymore (i always get the delete notification no matter the lenght of the movie/episode i ve seen).

You're correct, don't understand why, I thought I tested it thoroughly. Will look into this tomorrow, must be something minor.
Edit: should be fixed in latest release, see post above for new version.
I've updated to 1.0.3 and turned on debugging.
When I start a TV show, the following box pops up on the screen

"list index out of range"

Logs are here:    https://paste.kodi.tv/wehahitabu.kodi
(2019-02-07, 01:14)surge919 Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated to 1.0.3 and turned on debugging.
When I start a TV show, the following box pops up on the screen

"list index out of range"

Logs are here:    https://paste.kodi.tv/wehahitabu.kodi

Which version of Kodi are you on?

Edit: Never mind, looks like a timing issue on your instance, seems like the asked info is not yet available after starting. I've just released a new version which hopefully fixes this by retrying this procedure 2 times before giving up. Could you check out latest release? (see updated link in post above)
(2019-02-07, 10:35)jvandenbroek Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Never mind, looks like a timing issue on your instance, seems like the asked info is not yet available after starting. I've just released a new version which hopefully fixes this by retrying this procedure 2 times before giving up. Could you check out latest release? (see updated link in post above) 
 So far so good.   I ran through a few shows and it's working great.
thanks
@jvandenbroek what about the “Assume as watched” option problem?
There's 2 remove empty directories for episodes.

I have update library off but it still updated library.
(2019-02-08, 07:42)Haris1977 Wrote: [ -> ]@jvandenbroek what about the “Assume as watched” option problem?
 Should be fixed in latest release.
(2019-02-08, 08:31)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]There's 2 remove empty directories for episodes.

I have update library off but it still updated library.

Do you mean 2 empty directories are not deleted inside an episode folder? What is your directory structure? 

The library update option is only for enabling/disabling a full library update, it will always try to just update (clean out) the single entry. Is there a specific reason why you wouldn't want to remove the entry from database after removing the file? I could consider adding that as optional as well. Probably should have named it 'full library update' instead, seems misleading now.

Edit: Wait I forgot about the 'remove video from library' option. When you disable this, no updates should happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25