Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Registering ATV device with Amazon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suddenly, my Amazon Prime account ceased to work with a message that told me my videos were Flash_DRM protected. I troubleshooted for a while until I finally went to Amazon.com and discovered that all devices that use Prime must now register with Amazon.

When I clicked on devices, I hoped to find Apple TV or something that was XBMC compatible, but no luck. Of course I had to resort to registering my Wii, which made the setup nice and easy.

The Wii provided the 5-character code, and then I entered it on Amazon, and the marriage seamlessly began. However, the quality of video and the experience totally sucks compared to my ATV. I want Amazon Prime back on XBMC on my jailbroken ATV Gen 1.

Does anyone know of an update that will allow me to register XBMC with Amazon? The app on XBMC does not provide a 5-character code to unlock Prime's DRM.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If you are referring to the Bluecop Amazon Prime Instant Video add-on, take a look at the last few pages of this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108124
I apreciate your reply. Yes, I am referring to the Bluecop add-on. Unfortunately, the thread you directed me to doesn't address this recent issue.

When Bluecop is installed, I have Amazon Prime, and I can sort through its library. I had no problem with it whatsoever until Amazon made an update from their end, which must of been a few days ago.

In other words, Amazon Prime from Bluecop is currently obselete. There needs to be a new update now, in 2013. Threads from a couple years ago don't help.
I directed you to the last few pages of that thread which, if I'm not mistaken, contains comments by others who are in the same boat as you due to Amazon's recent changes. Yes , that thread contains no solution for the current problem, but starting a new thread on a topic that's already being discussed in an existing thread doesn't provide any added value nor expedites a resolution.
Starting a new thread on the topic that's already being discussed in an existing thread doesn't provide value or expediate a resolution? I think that's being a little presumptuous.

Furthermore, the topic is not being discussed! This is why I am pinpointing the problem of Amazon Prime requiring a 5-character code to bypass its DRM protection. This just happened, literally, four days ago. Not in 2008. Not in 2011. Not in 2012.

I repeat, Amazon Prime Now requires a 5-character code to register the device playing its DRM protected videos.

When XBMC has an update that provides a means to be registered with that code, will someone please be of use and inform me.

I don't need to be lead to a dry watering hole.
(2013-04-21, 20:37)medeslan Wrote: [ -> ].....
When XBMC has an update that provides a means to be registered with that code, will someone please be of use and inform me.

I don't need to be lead to a dry watering hole.

sure we will keep an ears open for you and let you know, dont hurt yourself looking for a solution, we will gladly do that for you.
Any update would be from the Amazon add-on. XBMC's core will never provide support for DRM.