Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Certain tv shows not outputting as Dolby digital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Frodo, I've noticed that certain tv shows are not outputting as Dolby digital, I know they should be. My amp is showing pro logic. It even says Dolby digital on the description. I know for certain that they should be Dolby digital, they are 720p.

Anyone else noticed this?
Depends on you XBMC audio settings which must be 100% correct match between devices.AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki)

Disable aac and any HD audio that your connected device does not support.

So essentially get that right and your on your way to enlightenment .

* un1versal takes off to enjoy some sexy TV show.
In case you are on WIndows also check [Windows] HOW TO - Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo)
(2013-04-21, 22:39)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Using Frodo, I've noticed that certain tv shows are not outputting as Dolby digital, I know they should be. My amp is showing pro logic. It even says Dolby digital on the description. I know for certain that they should be Dolby digital, they are 720p.

Anyone else noticed this?
Are these shows recorded or downloaded?

To ensure they have the codecs you think, run mediainfo on them and report back.
Well what do you know, even though they say Dolby digital, when using the aeon MQ4 skin, I can faintly see 2.0.
I'm very surprised at that. They are downloaded 720p and up until this past while, they have always been Dolby digital.
Use mediainfo and you will know for real.
(2013-04-23, 11:04)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Well what do you know, even though they say Dolby digital, when using the aeon MQ4 skin, I can faintly see 2.0.
I'm very surprised at that. They are downloaded 720p and up until this past while, they have always been Dolby digital.

Most likely AC3 which same as Dolby Digital, but like Kibje says mediainfo will tell you for sure what audio stream is exactly in this "downloaded" file. since its also likely AAC or MP3 audio streams, if of course its not DTS or something else.

[offtopic]@Kibje congrats on making Team member.[/offtopic]

uNi
Dolby Digital doesn't always mean it's 5.1. DD can also be 2.0 and may be the case with your show. Your receiver is getting the 2.0 signal and laying DPL II over it.