Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What do you use for xbmc??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, which hardware you use for xbmc?? I have a raspberry model B, but it's a little bit slow, especially with a large library. I can't use a Nas or other server so I'm looking for a new solution, very similar to raspberry, economic and "all in one" tu use with a usb/sata hard disk Smile
Have you some suggestions??
I have a 2012 Mac mini and it works great for me. My Harmony remote works with the built-in IR receiver. I run the audio out via the built-in optical to my receiver, and video to the TV via HDMI. Some people have had trouble with HDMI audio on Macs using Frodo, and it seems to be a difficult problem for the developers.
I have whatever the latest mac mini is, running mountain lion, and connected directly via HDMI to the back of a 51" plasma screen tv.
Raspberry Pi and some Smart TV M3 box running the J1nx build beta 2..

hoping to upgrade the RPi though. it is really really stable, but a bit slow
Lenovo Q190, i3...its a lot better than my old acer revo, which was slow with the heavy skins.
this Q190 is great whatever skin i use.
(2013-04-24, 17:11)jinkyjim Wrote: [ -> ]Lenovo Q190, i3...its a lot better than my old acer revo, which was slow with the heavy skins.

+1

I love my q190, every once and a while Lenovo will have really good deals on these as well (got mine for $250). The fan is pretty loud at full speed, and not adjustable in the bios, but people (including myself) have been using speedfan on windows to drop it to about 3/4 to half speed with no heat issues, and at that point it becomes pretty much silent.

Mine runs SAB/SB/CP 24x7 and everything streams from a USB external drive, not a hiccup that I have noticed yet.
(2013-04-24, 17:11)jinkyjim Wrote: [ -> ]Lenovo Q190, i3...its a lot better than my old acer revo, which was slow with the heavy skins.

I'm on the fence. Leaving my revo 3700 for a NUC.

But simerec and a faster ui experience is enticing me!
(2013-04-22, 15:01)tuxpeppe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, which hardware you use for xbmc?? I have a raspberry model B, but it's a little bit slow, especially with a large library. I can't use a Nas or other server so I'm looking for a new solution, very similar to raspberry, economic and "all in one" tu use with a usb/sata hard disk Smile
Have you some suggestions??

i have the same set up. i stream all my content from my NAS server. what is your problem with it?
I am using Arctic MC-001 with Openelec, 4gb and SSD...

Goes amazingly well..... Smile (for $99 or €99 for the machine (without ram, remote and ssd, nothing compares with it Smile )....