Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a custom playlist for stand up and added a source for it. I put it under movies because 95% of them are filtered by movies. The other 5% are i am guessing tv specials so they never show up unless i view them under files. Is there anyway for me to scrape them? Or have a mixed playlist where the source is tv and movies for that particular folder?
If online sources do not know these files you can't scrape em, but to get them into Library mode you could create custom NFO files (wiki).
(2013-04-23, 09:01)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]If online sources do not know these files you can't scrape em, but to get them into Library mode you could create custom NFO files (wiki).

Would that make them show in the playlist under movie mode? Or would I need
To set it up differently?
Read the link. Yes.
(2013-04-24, 00:08)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]Read the link. Yes.

The link talked about sets. But I'm guessig I should be able to name an nfo file based off my file and and only
Include the imdb or themoviedb link for it to pickup? It won't be a set.
I cannot seem to get this to work. I have a directory with some files and i have say..

bill burr you people are all the same (2012).mkv

then i created a nfo called 'bill burr you people are all the same (2012).mkv

and in that mkv i just pasted
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290153/

but when I go back to xbmc and scan for new content and look in that playlist I dont see it unless I go to the files section and in their I see just the .mkv and no scrapped info.
(2013-04-26, 06:01)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]then i created a nfo called 'bill burr you people are all the same (2012).mkv

It's not an NFO file if you give it a file extension of MKV. Wink Name it:
Code:
bill burr you people are all the same (2012).nfo
(2013-04-26, 06:13)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-26, 06:01)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]then i created a nfo called 'bill burr you people are all the same (2012).mkv

It's not an NFO file if you give it a file extension of MKV. Wink Name it:
Code:
bill burr you people are all the same (2012).nfo

sorry that was a typo I do name it .nfo. its still not working for me though.
First off all the link is not only about sets, it is about how to use NFO files. You must have not followed the correct link on that page.

Did you remove the show and rescrape it?
(2013-04-28, 13:53)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]First off all the link is not only about sets, it is about how to use NFO files. You must have not followed the correct link on that page.

Did you remove the show and rescrape it?

I will check but it wasent adding it at all because it couldnt find anything to scrape. So I was creating a .nfo file for it. The name is the same as the mkv except I made it a .nfo file. Within that file all i did was link it to the IMDB page and added nothing else.
Hmm that is weird. A debug log while scraping might tell us why it is not pickung up the url.

I guess you will have to create a full NFO to get them added to the library in this case.