Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: running on the Odroid development boards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys.

at the moment i am running XBMC from my RPi, and i love the stable builds of OpenELEC, RASPBMC and Xbian. However i was hoping to upgrade to an Odroid devboard, since it has that extra power i am missing in the RPi.

Since it is running on Exynos4412 Prime will the builds from the RPi work?

i am guessing it won't, but who knows?

i would prefer to run a Linux based XBMC version, like the ones mentioned above, and not be have to run Android on it. i have seen a few demoed XBMC videos, running the test 720p mp4 videos.

all in all.. would i be able to run XBMC on the Odroid-u2 or what?

i am not looking to stream 1080p, 720p would be just fine for me. Anyone have experience with the Odroid boards?

ODROID-U2
There's no particularly good Linux build at the moment and a serious bug prevents xbmc12 from working. You can compile xbmc11 if you have some Linux skill. Hwa is not working though.

Best builds are libstagefright test builds on Android and has an attempt at Hwa.

Development of a Linux build seems to have pretty much never started.
so if i run Android there is a pretty decent version of XBMC working ?

Really to bad about the missing linux build. i had such high hopes. oh well.. maybe somewhere down the line.

i guess i will have to use the .apk to let me boot straight into XBMC on Android. it just boots so terribly slow on Android