Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio passthrough problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the following setup:

HTPC->AVR->TV (all connected with HDMI)

My AVR can play all audio formats, like DTS, DTS HD, so I have selected all formats in xbmc settings menu. It works fine, but I don't always want to use my AVR. When my AVR is off, XBMC still want to play the best audio stream, but my TV don't support formats like DTS. I know that I can switch between audio streams, but I get a crackling sound until I change the audio stream to a supported format. It's not a nice sound and it is not possible to change when there is no other audio stream available (XBMC don't downmix audio anymore).

Is there a way that XBMC automatically detect if my AVR is on or off and select the right audio output?
XBMC can at this moment not automatically detect if you AVR is on or off.
(2013-04-25, 18:29)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC can at this moment not automatically detect if you AVR is on or off.

At this moment? So are there any plans to support this?
No. I meant that it was not something that is by design, it is just not in the code.
Anything is possible - you could wire something via an arduino or similar that detects if the AVR is on or off and then run a script on the computer.